:brexit: Brexit - Deal or no deal

4 Likes

I’m tired of Theresa May.

2 Likes

Well, it’s looking like no deal after Donald Tusk’s announcement that no extension would be forthcoming without securing May’s deal, already twice defeated in Parliament by record margins.

What an almighty fuck up. We’ve a Prime Minister that would have done a better job had she said no deal, day one, and spent the intervening time preparing for it. She is now blaming everyone but herself. I think this might be the straw that breaks the camel’s back for Theresa May.

The EU hasn’t covered itself in glory either. It is so used to getting its way that it has perhaps forgotten that people are in the way, and that there was no way May was ever going to sell that deal. They put her in this position, particularly by making the backstop the thing.

This is a circus run by absolute fucking clowns in both tents.

4 Likes

So were leaving on the 29th then ?

Even the cynic in me finds it impossible to comment on events of late.
The entire shower in Parliament are making the Country a laughing stock now

1 Like

So May blames the very people she needs to get her turd through and appeals for the support of the people.

Guess what - we can’t do fuck all, unless you are going to declare and conduct an election in the next week. We have no say in this now so our support will mean fuck all. Soubry sits in a constituency that is 70% leave but that doesn’t seem to bother her, it just proves you cunts in Westminster don’t listen

We asked you lot to get on with it. Both Labour and the tories campaigned in the last election to honour the referendum

You haven’t

For what ever reason be it remain, an attempt to force Indyref2, a chance to grab the keys to no10, the chance to make Billions out of the chaos, you have fucked it up royally

May is shit, fuck knows who is advising her right now, but she was never going to get a deal that would pass when the EU could see that after two years there is still no united front

They are all a fucking disgrace

5 Likes

I think that might be a flounce

So, is Bercow going to have to back down and allow a 3rd MV vote? It seems unlikely that he will unless May comes back with substantial changes to her deal agreement, which is about as likely as getting a wank off the Pope. So the whole thing could come juddering to a halt, Parliamentary process will have to be turned on its head and / or there will be some high level resi’s and a changing political landscape which may convince the EU to extend A50 anyway?
Or no Deal next Friday.
Fucks sake, what a carve up.
Whatever, May is finished as PM, hopefully sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

That low?

3 Likes

I’d like to say that I’m very rarely political astounded.

The forgotten constituency in Brexit are those that couldn’t give a Royal fuck about party politics, but felt that the European Union wasn’t helping them.

Brexit was enabled all along by a failure to listen to these people. I am politically astounded that having made the mistake once, our politicians are doing it again, and I’m politically astounded that the EU is so used to barking “nein” that it cannot help itselt, even when its got the easiest opportunity to keep us in. They’re still barking “nein”.

It’s been a tough old life keeping track of what I’m political astounded at these days. There’s just so much material.

1 Like

5 Likes

Got to love all the people on my Facebook feed pushing that petition.

May has rejected it. It might be one of the only sensible calls she’s made.

It’s almost as if 17.4m registered voters are treated more seriously than 2m Internet randoms.

2 Likes

…a classic, a sad and sorry classic.
Every fuckin’ MP should be fed this every morning to remind themselves of their part in this disasterous farce.
Don’t bother to reply to me…I don’t want to hear any justification for leaving or staying, there’s nothing left to justify either.

2 Likes

Yes, exactly this.
3 fucking years of childish, i’m right, you’re wrong, from both camps and no one dealing with the reality.
A wonderful game played on the British population by people that don’t give a fuck about our futures, only their personal profit.
The game is near its end and i’m wondering why it’s taking such a toll on some. Its as if they are being told what to do, no matter how dumb and obstinate it makes the person look.
May looks like she’s about to have a break down in this.

Oh yeah, if we really do piss the EU off, you might want to stock up on bottled water(purification chemicals) and candles(our power supply is bordering on third world).

2 Likes