:brexit: Brexit - Deal or no deal

Big Ben is a nazi?

4 Likes

Yeah, but that situation is temporary.

Implications of the EU are permanent.

1 Like

Are we putting up candidates for EU elections?
I’ve not heard anything and this old article says we’re out on July 1st(at the latest) if we don’t.

Well with that cunt Farage having been an MEP despite his ‘opinion’ - it sort of set a precendent for participating even when we are are not fully engaged so can’t see a problem with putting forward candiates… if nothing else we will be able to negotiate a better exit that the shit served up so far

The European Parliament is going to be something history teachers of the future will teach to kids with a wry smile.

The teacher will explain that it was constituted to give the European Union the veneer of democracy, but instead, had Nigel Farage and his Eurosceptic pals use it to drive countries out of the organisation altogether.

The teacher will then guffaw a bit, and say that it is an example of irony, but no-one will get it. The Alanis damage still won’t have subsided.

Be fair now, he’s probably one of three MEPs that people can name.

1 Like

Well done to Barnier. He may just have secured the Brexit he was seeking to avoid.

Because we all know how good Tweezer May is at planning, right?

1 Like
1 Like

So if the EU council decide to say no to an extension and the MPs have voted (in principal) against a No Deal Brexit does that mean that :-

• We leave without a deal or
  • We accept May’s deal or
  • Brexit is cancelled

:man_shrugging:

The “default” position is No Deal leave on 29th. MP’s vote against no deal was not legally binding. This will happen unless she revokes Article 50.
I think.
Bercow won’t let another MV, so that rules that out.

As always, happy to be proved wrong by someone who knows more about this than me.

2 Likes

Oh FFS.
I have a flight booked home to Poland after Glasto on 1st July.
Boll8x

Theresa May to make a statement at 20:15, according to Downing Street. Could this be one of the few times she says something interesting?

Highly unlikely.

1 Like

You’ll still be on a high from seeing the Cure on a Sunday night don’t worry about it…

1 Like

Ministers were called to a meeting, but left shortly after arriving and May was invited to attend the weekly 1922 committee meeting.
Somethings going on. Probably May being told what to do, or leave and Corbyn assassinated in Brussels tomorrow.
That’d be the easiest way to blame the EU for everything since time began.

Corbyn refused to sit on the meeting as Chuka was already there.

1 Like

1 Like