:brexit: Brexit - Deal or no deal

But what she is trying to deliver isn’t Brexit is it. Nothing like it. It is a shitty deal that is the worst of both worlds. I am at the stage where i really don’t care anymore, just get on with it. If her deal is passed it will mean years and years of this bullshit. Either leave completely or cancel the whole thing. To ‘half leave’, which is what May’s deal means in reality is a recipe for chaos, solving nothing. It would leave the UK locked into some EU laws and rules, but, unlike now, with no say in drafting them, which will mean an endless continuation of the current arguments. Meanwhile the country goes down the tubes, homeless dying on the streets, NHS going down the toilet, endless austerity etc etc. Not being addressed because all political time and energies are being used up with this nonsense. Either shit, or get off the pot.

3 Likes

And now for something completely different…

A colleagues 70 something parents have decided to emigrate to France, apparently they exchange tomorrow and complete on the 29th of this month

Either they know something we don’t, or This fiasco has somehow passed unnoticed or they are just plain stupid (they did vote leave)

1 Like

Definitely the latter (the second time I’ve used that phrase today :wink: )

:lou_facepalm_2::lou_facepalm_2::lou_facepalm_2::lou_facepalm_2::lou_facepalm_2:

I agree.

Leave completely has been taken off the table. The referendum being voted on tonight will likely only feature May’s deal or Remain.

It’s a fucking stitch up no matter which way you voted.

Has leave been taken off the table though. If nothing is agreed by that magic date, what is the legal position?
Even if they extend, what about euro Parliament elections in May. How would that work?
There’s another big twist to come in this game i reckon.

So Wollaston’s amendment on extending Article 50 to have a 2nd ref has been voted down. Does that mean a second ref is deffo off the table?

For the time being, although it is going to be tough for Labour to demand one later, having abstained from this one

2 Likes

I think they will say that they wanted time to put forward their alternative proposals. Some interesting times lie ahead if the exit is somehow thwarted.

So the MPs want a delay

Like the 4year one tusk is proposing?

Or the one which will come with penalties that the French want

Or will the Spanish pull something re Gibraltar

That’s if they get it. It’s my understanding that EU agreement on the extension needs to be unanimous. According to the Guardian, the ERG and pals have been wooing people in Poland and Italy, hoping to secure a veto.

If that succeeds, it’ll be those on the right of politics that’ll be given credit for saving Brexit. Talk about counterproductive. The Remainers set out to keep us in, only to have the hard right get us out.

Given the EU’s recent dictatorial stances toward a number of nation states’ individual interests, I reckon there might be one or two takers, and when unanimous is required, one is all you need.

Even if no-one vetoes, this entire sequence of events, whatever way it lands, seems purpose built to create support for Farage’s Brexit Party and the far right in general.

You’re a bunch of idiotic fuckplums, Parliament.

And we needed Brexit to learn this??

5 Likes
2 Likes

5 Likes

I do like that, but they have a plan and it’s playing out perfectly(for them).
Tick tock, tick tock. Oh we’ve left :lou_facepalm_2:

The plan should be… but keep it Sssshhhh

1. Secretly revoke Article 50
  2. Tell em we be exited with no deal
  3. issue blue passports to those that want em
  4. Make brexiteers pay EU roaming charges
  5. Issue ration books for certain foods and medicines and goods
  6. Send seed potatoes for beexiteers back garden make overs
  7. Get on with life

Isn’t it heartening to know that 10 reactionary, bigoted MP’s, led by a woman who has never stood for election in the UK parliament, who represent less than 300,000 of UK citizens, will, thanks to a blatantly corrupt bribe, decide the future of this country re Brexit. Taking back control eh? What a fucking joke!

2 Likes

4 Likes