:brexit: Brexit - Deal or no deal

I remember reading somewhere that the EU would consider agreeing to extend A50 in the event of a change in the political landscape and this included a GE. so it may be that they would be happy for this, although obviously time limited.

1 Like

How will a soft Brexit be achieved?

1 Like

That was from an interview with verhofstadt I believe.

Quite easy, May will ignore the ERG and hard Brexit supporters and get cross party support and consensus.

They couldn’t been seen to supporting in effect a political coup, of course they would behind closed doors.

I do hope he’s going to be back from Brussels for his March to Leave trek starting in a few days.

By March 29th?

312-308 Government loses again.
Parliament votes to oppose leaving with ‘no deal’ at any point.

Well, if they maintain their form, the EU will simply say no when the vote to extend A50 gets passed

Which will presumably lead to art.50 being revoked.

What I want to know is who gets her airmiles. Surely they should be shared equally amongst the British tax-payers.

1 Like

Idiotic decision, and if they follow through with the consequences, the Parliamentary system as constituted will not survive.

If you worried about the far right after Brexit, be extra worried when we give them all the ammunition they need to say that democracy doesn’t work.

All Parliament did today was declare its own unfitness for purpose.

321-278 defeated again (despite late 3 line whip)

1 Like

Is this the right time to restore the Monarchy to rule?
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

The reason we haven’t seen too many pro-Brexit supporters on rallies is because most of them assumed it would never be in jeopardy.

For fuck’s sake. Nigel Farage’s march from Sunderland could not have had a more potent shot in the arm. It’ll be interesting to see what happens next.

Hell, even Bazza as a benevolent Dictator in a Sotonians coup?
Is Mugabe busy?

1 Like

Please god no.

And I’m largely agnostic.

Yes but surely couldn’t do any worse.
Heck that World Cup football predicting Octopus would do a better Job than the clowns in Westminster tbh

I didn’t want this, I wanted democracy to prevail, I take this reluctantly take this leadership.

1. One hour into Power the Peoples Republic of Baz has stated every football team shall be named Southampton.
1 Like