:brexit: Brexit - Deal or no deal

Damn, this place needs a Saints game desperately

5 Likes

Fuck that mush it’d be worse.

1 Like

Oh dear.

The whole thing is now trending and the comments…

https://twitter.com/thequentinletts/status/1097073556100444160

I was saving that diagreement for later.

Mammaries out for Merkel

Is she a lesbian ?

We’ll see. For me, the reaction just seems like the world in microcosm. People too fixated on the small stuff to consider the large stuff.

Ultimately, it really won’t amount to much if everyone in the UK referred to Germans as Krauts.

It does matter for both UK and German citizens if decisions about the UK are made in Berlin, or at Berlin’s direction.

The “acid test” is would you feel comfortable in the company of German and French using the terms “Kraut” and “Frog”

I suggest you wouldn’t …so .

Grow up you Neandrathal FFS.

3 Likes

That is becuse as individuals we can only fix the small stuff… but by fixing a lot of small stuff we slowly bring about change… it’s the little simple things all can do… sitting around like the various socialst factions at a 1980s Student union plotting grandiose schemes to change the world has achieved fuck all… focused on the big issues but with no power to affect any change

I think I probably would. Put it this way. Some Pompey mush was up in our office awhile back. He had a picture of him and his missus on his lock screen on their wedding day.

I said to him “that’s a cracking picture of you and your sister on your computer”.

So yep, I think I probably would.

1 Like

I’m doubting your agency to “fix the small stuff”.

Sounds like going after low hanging fruit to me. Is that what you were put on this Earth for? Stopping people from using the term Kraut on a football forum?

Well, let me tell you something my Kraut-Tommy friend. It’ll probably take a horse’s head for me to think this constitutes “fixing the small stuff”.

Plus you’d ruin a lot of films.

Well that does not surprise me… let me know when you have changed the world by dealing with the big issues directly

Wel that’s where you and I differ…it 's an act of common courtesy.
I have friends that I could have a laugh with but in the general run of social interaction would treat them with more respect.

And that’s fair enough.

Leave a bit of space for us ruder types please, especially when the original context was Rachel Johnson involved in some ridiculous stunt to convince us all to remain in the European Union.

Everything is context, the liberals are devoid, without and are bankrupt of this emotion as they couldn’t function without explosive mock, shock indignation at everything.
Humourless and dour, a people that should be pitied and helped.

Most of us are way to easily offended by a few words. After all “sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me”. Or at least that is what I was taught growing up.

So if all you poofters, dykes, spassies, curry munchers, n*ggers (even I couldn’t bring myself to write THAT word), gollywogs, yanks, tims, proddies, wogs (which, by the way, most of the greek community out in Aus seem quite proud to call themselves that), spicks, froggies, ice-creams (which some of my subcontinent friends have been known to call us whities), jocks, gerries, rag-heads - oh and let’s not forget poms – could just toughen up and leave us more mature bullies to discuss the important matters, I’d really appreciate it.

Seriously, what is the go with name calling? If you wouldn’t say it to someone’s face (either a “friend” or a stranger), then why do it? Where DO you draw the line? And WHY is your line the correct one?
Is it just a lack of vocabulary, or do you think it gets your point across better if you can chuck the odd insulting personal term in?

I’m not saying I’ve never done it (or had the odd four-eyed, short-arse, fatty comment chucked in my direction), but I’ve never been proud of the fact that I’ve resorted to those sort of insults.
I might feel different if I was actually at WAR with someone (which I hope never happens in my lifetime) threatening my friends and family, and I would most definitely use any advantage to win that battle.
Some of those terms are most definitely deemed worse than others (I am a four-eyed short-arsed fatty, after all) but if you want to be derogatory about someone (or group of people) then at least be accurate and specific about the beurocrats (see what I did there? bEUROcrats??) you want to give shit to :wink:
If you are “offended” that I have taken umbrage to your use of the word kraut, then you most definitely shouldn’t be using the term as you are far too sensitive, and I would worry about your state of health if you were ever on the receiving end of some jolly rude name-calling! lol

PS I didn’t really take umbrage, although it did seem a bit of a puerile attempt at humour, but this whole debate about name calling did set off my chain of thought that resulted in this post – so I guess I should thank you really

Can we get back to BREXIT now? I’m popping back to the UK in April and I may want to take a trip across the ditch while I’m back, and would like to know if I’m likely to encounter any problems on my travels. I’ll have my (Australian) passport with me, and I’ve learnt to speak Australian (g’day mate, wanna throw another shrimp on the barbie?) so I can be quite convincing as Johnny foreigner if I have to be. They don’t need to know I’m actually British.

2 Likes

With an Australian passport, you’ll be fine. Despite your governments, you’re well liked(you know this surely?).
The Brexshit thing. We’re leaving, no deal(as was always the plan), but none of the leavers want to talk about the 500 odd pieces of legislation that will be handed to people like Liam Fox to decide as if they were a dictator These deals have of course already been done, so if you want to laugh, laugh at those that said taking back control(as corporate America takes over), or possibly those that will be made homeless, or even the huge number that will die when shit like this happens.

"The UK government has been accused of attempting to pass legislation with minimal scrutiny which could see pharmacists given powers to change medical prescriptions without consulting with a patient’s GP.”

“The legislation would give Secretary of State for Health and Social Care Matt Hancock MP the power to place any drug Serious Shortage Protocol in the event of supply problems.
It also affords pharmacists legal power to change the strength, quantity or make of any drug in short supply or to dispense another drug they deem to be a reasonable replacement.”

“The legislation was lodged by way of a Statutory Instrument on January 18. If no complaints are raised after 40 days of a Statutory Instrument being lodged, it is passed.”

The whole thing has been planned for years(including Cameron) by certain interests. There’s no coincidence in the date we leave and the Europe wide law that comes into effect the next day. It’s been the best psy op since 11/9.

I’m genuinely interested in learning what the euro law is that is coming in the next day. What is it and where can I find the details?

I’ve posted links before, but it’s probably laid out here.
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/STUD/2017/602058/IPOL_STU(2017)602058_EN.pdf&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjnirGJ_8PgAhXvShUIHURiCQwQFjACegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw1GIqpE1FgNfPDLHTFVs1eP
Or the simple version here.

Or buy the book promoted here.

The way it’s been played has been so obvious, the idea of a deal was always pie in the sky, as that was never the intention of the party(or more importantly, it’s financiers) that set it’s stall out as the party of the bonfire of red-tape, whilst killing people with the ideological lie that is still killing, called austerity(and people think Cameron wasn’t part of the ploy😂). That was always the set up, take from the poor, give to the rich, blame “the other”.
We’ve been sold to corporate America, nothing is changing that now(look at the fraud protest. Yes, it’s a fraud. Who would organise a protest 6 days before the event. Too late, an emergency referendum can be organised in 2 weeks, not 6 days, so who decided that pointless exercise?). The whole things been bollocks from day one to sow division.
A few will make a killing, which always determines a lot will die. The last two years of blasé indifference(who turns up to the most important meeting of their career without so much as a pencil?) surely proves it. But even supposed left leaning divs cheered it, which suggest there’s some serious long term operation going on and little mad gavs well timed words the other day, killing any talks with China just reinforces that outlook.
The legislation and impact reports they are holding back is were people really need to look.
As mentioned, watch those statutory instruments.
https://www.hansardsociety.org.uk/blog/westminster-lens-brexit-statutory-instruments-dashboard

Oh well. Another tick in the box for me now calling Australia home.
I thought one of the reasons some of the world’s biggest corporation had bases in Ireland was to take advantage of favourable tax laws. Why would that legislation not have them all “getting the hell out of dodge” by the end of March?

I think I will leave all the politics to the “experts”, pay my taxes when they are due, and carry on blissfully unaware whilst I enjoy myself earning a crust and playing golf 3 times a week in the sunshine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As I tend to do in the Philippines but paying less tax and playing no golf.