:brexit: Brexit - Deal or no deal

Hush now, life is a bed of roses :slight_smile:

It is in the land of Brexit.
Unicorns are only the start of it.
Apparently it was written on a bus

:roll_eyes:

You remember those bloody immigrants landing here & claiming benefits straight away rants…
Weeeeeeeeeeeeell

After 2 days Mrs D_P has gone through the process herself and because we havent started the company set up yet, she is unemployed so she gets the basic entry level of State Healthcare as of today.
And so do I

Now that we didnt expect off to register with a GP next.

Also to be fair, she has been researching all this for 5 years, had done huge amounts of paperwork in that time so it wouldnt work if you lot just rocked up on 28th March

‘Project fear’, or something go worry about? Some might be dismissive of big business trying to hold government to ransom, but we have heard similar from many large industrial employers - The Political rights and wrongs are insignificant, its the practical reality of job losses and industry shifting the Eurozone. Simply responding with ‘well that’s happening already’ is not the answer…

To me that is not project fear, it is project reality.
Any business man needs to secure the value of his shareholders and staff.
So if you have a possible unknown with unknown impact, only a complete idiot would fail to have plans once they see the lie of the land

I think the reality will depend on what is agreed from a UK/EU trade… many of the UK car plants make models for EU distribution, so any import tariff to Eurozone will cause problems… so will depend on value of UK market relative to export etc…

1 Like

Small fry. Take a look at the numbers.

“About 250 companies are in talks with the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency to potentially relocate activities to the country, according to a statement published on Saturday. The candidates would join 42 companies that made the move last year, and the 18 early birds in 2017.”
https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-02-09/brexit-s-corporate-refugee-numbers-in-netherlands-set-to-swell?__twitter_impression=true

The French will be ready to help us though. Which is more thoughtful than our bunch of inbreads.
https://www.france24.com/en/video/20190209-french-port-city-calais-prepares-no-deal-brexit

But fear not. When we eventually catch up. All that trade will be waiting to come through. Oh, hold up.

“A post-Brexit new shipping route will see Ireland connected to Europe via the Netherlands and Belgium under EU contingency plans.”

Not to worry, Liam knows how things work.

Oh, someone tell the smart money. Unless they already know.

Good news. A small group of people will make a financial killing, but enough links from me(there’s loads written about it).

1 Like

Nah, its all going to be great now we have our country back…

1 Like

When’s my unicorn being delivered?
I won’t feel safe until i see it, plus i bet no one else has gone for blue tartan as their option.
On a more realistic note, are there still 400-500 bits of legislation just waiting for Fox to use his new undemocratic powers on(wonder which one’s they’ve saved for that treat?).

I am just worried about where we have to put all the rotting noses that so many cut off to spite their faces… going to cause a hell of a stink… bit like and EU butter mountain…

1 Like

for offshore the title is dont happy be worry

Nice article on the Irish here.

A read

I’ve only been saying this for 5 odd years or longer, Southerners and I don’t blame them as they’re blissfully not willfully ignorant don’t have a fucking clue, Southampton has not seen willful ideological razing as it has a substantial tory base in and around it, the North never stood a chance.
Brexit was a chance to make everybody poorer and they took it and I can not blame them in the slightest, in fact I applaud it, I wholeheartedly applaud and salute it.

Southampton Test has had a Labour MP since 1997 and Southampton Itchen had a Labour MP since 1992, only losing the seat in 2015 when they parachuted some numpty with no local connections in to succeed Denham. With most of those elections seeing over 50% of the vote going to Labour, it’s hardly a Tory stronghold.

IAnd there we see the idiocy of the situation… because the rich won’t get poorer… they will continue to be able to work abroad and move capital and generally do as they have always done. More significantly is the more middle and proFessional classes many 40% tax payers will either bigger off abroad with their jobs… or become redundant… what we will see is exactly that EVERYONE left will be poorer but it won’t create equality, just more poverty and worse services and the most vulnerable will be fucked even worse… egged on by the very rich elitist fuckers who caused the shit in the first place, some sad old bigots and a bunch of ‘angry’ emperiists who would put sovereignty over pragmatism…

Folks using a very blunt instrument to hit back at austerity, which was never an EU derived problem anyway… just plain dumb…

3 Likes

Funny, but, and this is a serious question as obviously being in the EU makes it much easier, how did these “sunburnt, racist pensioners” manage to move to Spain before freedom of movement?

I’d say 40-45% of Southampton is tory, thats substantial.