:brexit: Brexit - Deal or no deal

Australia - Gallipoli and ANZAC Day?
4th July - US

Your post is blinded by an agenda.

Remembrance is not the same thing Barry, as I suspect you know…

Your post is a piss-poor and rather transparent trolling attempt :wink:

1 Like

We’re probably one of the least jingoistic/nationalistic nations I can think of, yet our snowflakes and wet wipes still think that too much, I suggest they travel a bit and see some genuine jingoism, nationalism and patriotism.
India
Australia
Russia
Thailand

Shut up wetpants :smiley:

EDIT ( I am not after full scale beef here. I can just never resist an opportunity to quote Lord Flashheart)

How many of these countries have you extensively travelled?
Two weeks in Goa will teach you nothing about India, or its vast array of people.
The Australians on here would know more than the rest of us, but there seems to be a growing number that find things embarrassing.

Russia is obviously your field of expertise(in the bellendcat sense). Well done for slipping them in this thread.
Thailand, I believe there are a few on here that have travelled there a fair bit, so they’ll probably know, assuming they mingled with the locals(not the ones in tourist areas. They just say anything you want to hear).
Keep hold of your snowflakes and wet wipes, they’re handy in the event of an obviously fabricated nerve agent attack :joy:

I wasn’t using it as any of the places I’ve been to or lived as an example, Modi’s India is very right wing and nationalist, don’t need to go there to know that.

Brother lived in Thailand and they’re incredibly proud, try commenting on the Royal family? I lived in Australia for 2 years and they love their nation for good or bad.
We’re nothing like that regardless of what the nation haters, snowflakes and liberals want to believe.

So when you said this.

You don’t think it counts for yourself. You have no idea about India and prove it with everything you write.

This is not jingoistic though, is it.

You think we should all bow down to royalty and believe it the hight of glory to die, or kill, for the betterment of the few?
Is this, in your belief, where Brexit will take us?

No just intolerant SOS…
You seem to thrive on tolerating things that aren’t tolerant themselves, a right little paradox you are.

Write about what?

Use that analogy in Thailand and you’ll have a stick shoved up your arse son.

Woof!

1 Like

So, if they are now intolerant, we must be the jingoistic ones you mentioned. @Map-Of-Tasmania was correct.

Such as? You might want to change thread :thinking:

I’m struggling to see what’s difficult for you to understand about the above sentence, but for clarification, India Barry.

uhm… how do societies evolve and mature socially and culturally (and become less isolationist or nationalistic)? The problem we seem to have is we often remember the past, glories and defeats, but seem hellbent on learning fuck all from it. I can’t blame poor people for having their principles, but I can ask the question as to why they have such ideals? We were originally all one people from what is now Africa… we wondered apart and staked claims to different lands and some big fuckers began dominating and countries were formed… a few millennia later and several thousand wars, we have all these borders to keep out what we are afraid off and perhaps more importantly ensure no one gets their filly foreign hands on what we have - ‘I mean, we a small nation became wealthy by inventing a load of stuff (not simply through invasions and theft of indigenous wealth…) so why cant they do the same instead of wanting ours?’…

Some seem stuck with this attitude despite global travel and opportunity and still struggle to recognise that where decisions are made is LESS important than WHAT decisions are made…

The ‘fear’ many have of foreigners, especially those with cultural and religious aspects that seem outdated and ‘alien’ to us is of our own making. The gradual march to fundamentalism was driven by poverty, exclusion, and prejudices. We are all appalled (rightly) by the hideousness of Israeli governments behaviour and zionism in general, but as with the radicalisation of young Muslims, the western ideals of the last few hundred years have been instrumental in their evolution… Its why when Someone brings up the ideals of sovereignty and the like, I feel its important to present the counter, that only through greater integration (warts and all the shit that comes with immature institutions) is tehe only way towards real progress and global egalitarian social justice - Yes the institutions may be driven by greed and self interest, but should be seen as their baby phase, not their mature legacy. We can dismantle them all we like but it wont lead to a better way of life, because we will have the same greedy fuckers running things locally, without the opportunity to evolve a more integrated society…

Can cultures integrate without rights being watered down?
I’d never agree to that.

Can feminism true feminism be compatible with most religions and non western cultures?

Can gay rights be compatible with religion and non western cultures now?