Best theme tune ever written

Which made me wonder why the hell I forgot to put this one up there earlier…

1 Like

Jeez @dubai_phil , top of page 2 :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

True @btripz but it was finding that which led me back to Blazing Saddles which meh whatever

:lou_sunglasses:

1 Like
1 Like

I didn’t realise we were looking at Film Tracks as well, here’s my favourite right here. A bit slow on the Karaoke side of things, as I don’t think the film track included Viv Stanshall’s introduction of the instruments as they joined in :cool:

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Been trying to stick to TV themes but feel the need to include this, remember as a kid pretending to be asleep while my older brother watched this film, this music stuck with me and I still listen to it fairly regularly :lou_smiley:

The Ark theme. Raiders utilises it brilliantly, but never more so than here. Melodic, foreboding - none of Indy’s sequels or imitators ever had a scene as elevated by music as this.

1 Like
2 Likes

The theme tune to Black Sails is pretty good, as is the opening sequence.

Thinking of movies, Maurice Jarre was the go to man for full on cinematic themes back in the 60s and 70s. Check out the soundtracks for Doctor Zhivago, Lawrence of Arabia, Grand Prix, Is Paris Burning etc. Fantastic composer.

What about the prequel?

Great film for kids. Bit of an embarrassment as an adult, and to Lucas and Spielberg.

I’ll also add Game of Thrones.

2 Likes

This brings back happy memories. Not sure that the BBC would get away with filming little furry criters afloat on toy boats anymore though.

Stirring stuff…