šŸŽ¼ Best first song on an album

A pretty hot first song from a great first LP - they never came close to being this good again, in spite of all their god and platinum discs. In my humble opinion, of course.

2 Likes

From Small Change

2 Likes

How has this not popped up yet?

5 Likes

Upvotes for Nick Cave, Fowllyd and thanks for contributing :grinning:

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds are one of the best gigs Iā€™ve seen.

1 Like

Thisā€¦

ā€¦from the album of the same name.

Fucking loved the sound of that synth, that bass, those drums and thay voice. It was unlike anything Iā€™d heard before.

Dyed my hair burgundy (@saintbletch pronounces it berr-gun-dee) as a result. That was a while ago as you can imagine.

:man_bald:

3 Likes

Japan were always a bit Artsy at the time, which is crazy considering iā€™m such a pretentious dick now :grinning:

Burgundy was the cool colour. Stay prest tailored trousers from Eastliegh. White socks.

1 Like

Yes. Nowadays it would be your scalp.

1 Like
1 Like

Dust Bros reinvented themselves and crossed dance music and Indie

Iā€™d never actually heard this album. Heard of it, obviously, but finally picked up a copy yesterday. Only listened to the first few tracks so far and yes, itā€™s certainly differentā€¦then again, I suppose anything produced by Zappa isnā€™t going to be mainstream.

Well, I like it.

1 Like

Mineā€™s not quite so exciting but itā€™s still my absolute favourite ELO song. Itā€™s been requested for the funeral ā€¦

3 Likes

ELO. My guilty secret pleasure as a teenager when everyone else scoffed at them.

Jeff Lynne is an amazing tunesmith.

Ignore this

One for the Bands Name Thread.(emo). Ā£6.66

1 Like
2 Likes

Cor, stumbled on this one by chance.

Took me right back to teenage days, Saturday evenings in Dibden Purlieu with the first serious GF.

Really good times.

ā€œMovingā€ is the first track. Rest of the album stands the test of time.

1 Like

@Cobham-Saint Are you turning into Alan partridge? My last post on this thread (please ignore) was an aborted attempt to upload a photo of Alan (done on my shit phone unsuccessfully)

1 Like

Back of the net @Fatso, back of the net

:lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Keep the thread on topic please ā€¦

2 Likes