:nostradamus: Bazza's predictions until the end of November

Is that the football reality you listen to on the radio or the 3 minutes of highlights?

Itā€™ll still be 3 mins more of a reality than you see.

Ok Petal.

Not as well as I hoped and I was as shocked as you were happy with the capitulation against Chelsea. But I will still believe we will put out a team against Wolves and we will win up to the point of that game when we cant. If I did not do that I would not be a supporter I would just be a whining middle aged man who should go and find something else to do with his spare time than watch, listen and read about football.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll support them ie the shirt whatever the division, I simply know shite when I see it, have a look at other forums and theyā€™re spitting blood and how shit we are. Youā€™re blindly hopeful about your club, I never understood that naive outlook but good luck.

Your sister sits behind me.
As soon as the first goal went in, ā€œthatā€™s it, weā€™re down. We donā€™t deserve to be in the leagueā€.
Do me a favour and tell her not to bother coming to the games anymore.

With the lack of resistance shown yesterday we donā€™t, our fans were wank as well (so I have been told), have been since the Dell mind.

Imho we need to play only 2 of PEH, JWP & Romeu from now on. Perhaps Armstrong can find a decent pass in the final 1/3rd otherwise, cant see us getting another point until December

I think Bazza is suffering from the ā€˜Crap of Bazmaniaā€™

This effects many football fans who feel the need to get very ANGRY when their team is piss poor as opposed to reflecting that itā€™s a symptom of our constant changeā€¦ from manager to playersā€¦ decent ones fuck off and we are left with averageā€¦ this is all we can expect to be honest within the modern game where its a simple case of money brings success

I canā€™t get ANGRY over a gameā€¦ then again I am a southerner with no passion for anythingā€¦

You said it baby, you said it, at least some of our fans are saying that atmosphere was a disgrace yesterday, shut down St Marys and open the fucking Dell again.

That may not sit well with the residents of the old site.

Fuck them they have no passion, move them on for the sake of a good old singsong.

Is the alternative a desire to be an absolute fucking loser who lives and breathes football as their only basis for living? Whose very identity as human beings can be defined by a socially constructed and widely perpetuated and thereby recognised name - ā€˜Scouserā€™, ā€˜Geordieā€™ etc? Where wearing no shirt to a football match in January is a sign of ā€˜passionā€™ (towards what is essentially a commercial organisation that exists to make money from a populous willing to readily part with theirs regardless of the product being served up) as opposed to fucking stupidity, mild hypothermia and an all round less than enjoyable afternoon?

Personally I donā€™t understand why you donā€™t direct your hatred and discontent towards the super rich and elite who protect the ā€˜natural orderā€™ of things through FFP and have in turn ruined football rather than those doing their best to be sustainable, think outside the box and those realistic enough to know their place in the footballing pyramid.

4 Likes

Define loser, I know people with some money whoā€™s greatest enjoyment is football.
You seem to be a modern football fan with that statement, youā€™re quite correct though it is a business and weā€™re all the poorer for it, you ask any Saints fan, anyone who went to the Dell and I can assure you they miss it, miss the atmosphere and the passion, yes we had passion then as well believe it or not.

That sentence says so much about you :wink:

It means football can transcend wealth, that loaded supporter is still a boy with a love of his team.

I think my comment goes on to define what I mean. Nothing to do with money or social class for that matter. More their value system if football is the most important thing in their lives.

Either way itā€™s a subjective term by definition.

What do you mean modern football fan? I support this team as that is where Iā€™m from. Is that modern or traditional? Hardly a glory supporter am I. I did enjoy the Johnstons Paint Trophy final though I suppose. I went to primary school near Milton Keynes and was surrounded by Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal fans. Funny that. What Iā€™m saying is, roll with the times and stop pissing and moaning about us being shit.

Thereā€™s no science involved in buying football players. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesnā€™t. Yes, we probably should have spent Ā£30m-Ā£40m on a CB to replace VVD rather than what we did buy but the fact that players of that ilk would command wages in excess of what we can presently afford, means we couldnā€™t. Weā€™d have been rocking the applecart too with our other players feeling relatively deprived on the salary front. Itā€™s a delicate ecosystem. It ainā€™t that simple.

Not so long ago you were advocating us buying ā€œexperiencedā€ players like the WBA and Stoke models yet have conveniently gone quiet on that front since their relegation and the fact that the latter are propping up the championship.

4 Likes

Still should have bought Cahill or Evans when they were available, our model of buying low selling high was precarious as best and fucking stupid as worst, that gamble long term was never going to work out.

Evans was never available to us. Arsenal and Man City wanted him but neither pulled the trigger, he stayed and then a year or so later werenā€™t interested and Leicester came in for him. Another team we cannot compete with financially.

Ok Cahill?