🏝 Barry Island - Home of the Whopper 🍔

I’m not sure that anyone is looking to stifle debate? Where do you get that from? Debating issues and spouting ignorant hatred are two different things are they not?

2 Likes

Yes I do mean sauce. Thank you for correcting my poor spelling.

Ignorance and ignorant views should have a light shone upon them, not pushed away, they don’t die there, they die when beaten by truth and reason.

Only the ignorant want other ignorant views hidden away so theirs remain.

Have you considered that before?

This isn’t me saying it, its me having read and learned and agreeing with that position.

Time to invoke Godwin’s Law I think. If Adolf Hitler was around today do you think it advances the debate if he were to Tweet to his followers take to the streets, burn books and beat up Jews and homosexuals?

1 Like

Hitler was allowed to start his murderous actions as we turned away, our betrayal of Poland and Czechoslovakia, we didn’t shine a light and turned our back as Chamberlain thought he could keep Europe’s war in Europe.

Hore-Belisha, read about him.

Absolutely wank example, think.

And what will we be left with?

A centrist grey platform that will ban right and left and not tackle inconvenient subjects like religion, race, sexualality, dowry, social cohesion, forced marriages, fgm, homophobia, the failure of multiculturalism, feminism and its hypocritical stance towards women, reproductive rights, human rights etc etc.

Yes, yes that’ll be great…

How has social media dealt with fgm??

1 Like

Social media is designed around a premise to brainwash - it uses a combination of addiction, nudge tactics and suggestion

Those mentalists in the US have been radicalised by it - there is no difference between the conviction of their belief of QAnon etc than a jihadist

They are enablers. They have conveniently ignored all this whilst chasing the dollar

They need regulation

They need liability

3 Likes

I mean it as an example that it won’t deal with tough issues, it doesn’t, it simply doesn’t, a valid concern is made people protest and its hushed up.

Of course unless it agrees with a woke agenda, its merciless and poison, one mistimed comment and your whole life is ruined by a group of mock shock indignation fascists, Sir Tim Hunt as an example.

The mainstream media has become “woke” because of social media

They use to broadly report facts - now they worry about what Leslie from Croydon wrote on Twitter

There is no discussion or concession anymore, just hypocritical selected viewpoints (often ignorant and never nuanced) that seek to distance themselves from agreement with the person they’re discussing with.

This is a very dangerous place to be, we can hammer Trump because he is white (orange) and a western leader so he is an easy target but we can’t go after China, Russia or India as somehow they’re different, we can always go after Israel but we can’t go after Lebanon, Palestine and Egypt as they are loosely affiliated to us with concerns over Israels (political piggy backing) illegal land grab (as many stupidly believe if Israel (they should immediately as soon as safe to do so) left the occupied territories Islam would unite and be happy.

People are so so fucking selfish in their ignorant and frankly childish agenda even I can see it a mile away, whataboutery, deflection and refusal to advance an argument because their stance can’ t change as that would mean they’re wrong.

It won’t end well, it will only end with more extremes, if we’re not brave to tackle things and brush them under the carpet and only go for the easy and convenient targets, what happens when they’re dealt with?

What then?

I would guess that despite the banning of the app ( I am not a user ) Parler will probably get more attention because of this.

1 Like

Often ignorant and never nuanced…hmmmm

1 Like

We can always go after Israel

You can’t even campaign for Palestinian rights without being smeared as a racist.

You’re either writing a load of rot or posting from a parallel dimension.

3 Likes

A couple of whatsapp groups I’m in have mooted the idea of moving to Telegram. :thinking: Something to do with an update that will give loads more permissions to whatsapp/facebook.

That may be true in some instances but what has that got to do with my point, it merely emphasises it Pap.

You just did a classic whataboutery and you probably didn’t even realise it, its a dangerous place.

I think what you need, and I’m not sure what’s out there already, is an open platform that people can add stuff to from any source.

I am a bit concerned about the precedent of Trump getting banned. I understand the reasons, but at the same time, that is a lot of power for one company to wield.

Extreme left/liberal fascism.

I think my point is that your point was nonsense. Pretty much all of them. There aren’t many countries on Barry’s axis of evil that are free from critique. At the same time, you list the one country which is so twitchy about its public perception that it’ll help end careers if people are too critical.

1 Like

Any suggestions welcome. :+1::+1: Telegram doesn’t look much use to me, tbh.