:arsenalfc: Arsenal v Saints :saints: (PL)

Join the queue.

2 Likes

Have the club done something to upset Mikwhatshisname?

He always seems to play really well against us…

No, its due to the opposition.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: :desert_island: Barry Island - Home of the Whopper :hamburger:

@Barry-Sanchez.

Comment on the game.

Call the players every name you want.

Talking about our owners, and the running of the club (as much as that might warrant debate) in the match thread is inappropriate.

Find a thread to talk about that sort of stuff - or head to Barry Island.

I’m getting bored of telling you the same thing, mate.

A post was merged into an existing topic: :desert_island: Barry Island - Home of the Whopper :hamburger:

Sorry everyone, but I did try to get Barry to change his approach to posting on the match thread.

He decided that he didn’t want to do that, so his family have been given a chance to see a bit more of him for a few hours.

4 Likes

I went shopping for beer. Much better use of time than repeating the same drivel on here

As predictable as a Stephens mistake

https://twitter.com/solentsport/status/1099683563409149954

3 Likes

Great Obafemi Hamstring gone again

We should be awarded 2 goals for Aubameyang’s haircut.

3 Likes

Well that was interesting.

I wonder if Hutch had this game down as a loser and “experimented” in the first half, something he won’t do again methinks.

Better second half but Arsenal had taken their feet off of the gas TBF.

Congrats to @Saint-or-sinner the only one who guessed the correct result, if you disregard @Barry-Sanchez’s prediction as he didn’t vote!!

Great family time, even got to know the name of my youngest…

4 Likes

Do people understand now my point of view? Stephens in this game is a classic example of a fucking charlatan of a footballer, Targett as well, if we were a gambler we’d be that bellend twisting on 17 and sticking on 15, this game against Fulham is worth £100 Million on Wednesday, I hope Gao is aware that in him not investing has jeopardised our status and the clubs future.
We had nothing in this game that inspires me to change my mind and why oh why does Hassenhutl persist with Stephens, every manager has one but Stephens is so so bad I long for Hoedt so how bad can that be? I mean we’ve pulled out all the stops here for having quite possibly our worst ever back 4 and at a push our worst XI in at least 40 years.
That is some achievement from where we were 4 years ago and how shit we were in the early 90’s.

Okay Okay Okay. We were absolute shite. No need to rub it in! Difficult to see where we go from here to be honest. Fulham at home is a must win, just as Cardiff at home was a must win. But i won’t be holding my breath. Looking at that performance Hassenhuttll must be wondering what he’s taken on here. I hope he’s getting well paid! Which i’m sure he is. Some arses need to be kicked for sure. Ok, it was Arsenal away, but even so, we just rolled over. I was watching the game in my mates bar in Thailand, after we went 2-0 down after 20 minutes i told him to switch it off,. To be honest i was surprised that 2-0 was the final score, but that doesn’t make it easier. Embarrassingly awful.

Overpaid and so delicate they can’t be criticized, player power now dictates snowflakes rule. Can you imagine Clough, Revie or Ferguson accepting this meak and wet crap?

No, neither can I, we’re a shadow of what the club was at the Dell, a mere shadow, half the time we were shit but the players knew their standard and they fought like fuck and punched above their weight and by fuck we loved them for it, love any of our current players? Have an affiliation with them?

No, neither do I.

If you really think that this is true, then you have even less knowledge of football than I thought - something that I wouldn’t have believed possible. Now that really is some achievement.

4 Likes

Go on then big bollocks name a worse side, one that not only have less skill but less fight, we can then go through the XI, thats fair.

On train with wine after many beers. Stephens ducked. so I missed.

2 Likes