:arsenalfc: Arsenal v Saints :saints: (PL)

Lawton says :-

Arsenal v Southampton (14:05 GMT)

Southampton dropped into the relegation zone after losing to Cardiff last time out, and I think they might stay there for a while longer.

Arsenal have got some issues they need to sort out - Mesut Ozil’s future being one of them - but their home record is very good and they should still be too strong for Saints.

Lawro’s prediction: 2-0

Yungen’s prediction: 4-0

So I say “Tomorrow I’m having a Full English Brunch, then opening a bottle of Port & demolishing the Stilton while watching the Saints game at 3:30pm local time.”

15 minutes later she makes an appointment to see a dress for a wedding that she has to be driven to for precisely 4pm local time.

Her “well it’s your side of the family” was drowned out by a repeat of “see, you never listen to a word I say”

She’s now on the phone trying to get pals to take her while cursing and saying how I never support her.

:rofl::heart::joy::sunglasses::wink::crazy_face:

1 Like

Lets be honest here, there is no way we’re going to get anything and if we fail to be at Fulham we’re down 100%, 3-0 Arsenal.

Why is this site the only media outlet apart from Pyongyang St Mary news outlet where the people are positive about Southampton FC and what is happening around us? How can the divide of opinion be so wide, we’re a poor team, a very poor team with no backbone and no soul.
Hassenhutl is a brilliant appointment but he won’t stay, how can he be honestly happy with not buying anyone and getting rid of options in the transfer window? Gabbiadini, its a shit show nothing more nothing less.

We are not relegated Bazza.
We are in the shit, and the team is short of experience & leadership, but we are not down.
IF you believe we are down then perhaps you’re time would be better spent watching Championship games, compiling scouting reports on our opposition next year and finding players to suggest that will get us out of that league.
Oh, and its Arsenal away today.
We all know we will lose.

1 Like

Because most of us are old enough to have seen us in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s we know what can go wrong we understand there will be bad times and good times poor teams and goood teams, we have mostly seen a bit of life and realize that most of it is shite and Southampton football club gives us a little bit of optimism at the weekend or midweek.

And its only a game.

1 Like

Its the mismanagement and the lovely self appraisal they give themselves, it sticks in the craw, its just propaganda.

Would you prefer the club to use Social media to tell the fans how shit the situation is? What would that achieve apart from satiating your desire to wallow in misery?

1 Like

Yes, yes I would, I watch Southport and non League football from time to time and the owners there afterwards will directly tell you that was shit and they also tell you whens its good, its nice being treated like an adult.
None of this #wemarchon or #together when the players haven’t given a fuck about the clubs in the main for 30 years, lets not kid ourselves, Hojbjerg is wheeled out after every defeat as he talks a good game and has cry face on, that shit doesn’t wash with me, on the pitch nothing else.

Welcome back, @Goatboy.

Missed us?

1 Like

Maybe because we have more than half a brain cell and don’t have a follow the herd mentality?

It’s not life or death, it’s a game of football.

So what’s the worst that’ll happen to you personally if/when we lose today?

Nothing. Apart from possibly a self induced coronary when you start winding yourself up over how shit you see them being today.

1 Like

Can I suggest you just watch the games then and avoid the club’s social media? It will only make you mad(der). It’s like asking the Tories to put out a PPB explaining what callous cunts they actually are.

It’s been fun looking after 7 teenagers but it’s good to get back to the childish squabbling.

3 Likes

Baz, and I’m not having a go - well not especially, there’s an uncomfortable truth here.

And that’s that you belong on one of the more moaning forums, but you’ve been banned from all of them.

Try to blend in. Keep us honest, but try to blend in.

You really don’t realise how Glitterish that sounds, do you?

3 Likes

I was the only (ir)responsible adult able to keep up with the nutters. Contrary to popular belief the moniker is a comment on my mountain skills rather than the (admittedly apt) Bill Hicks reference.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/1099656438987681792

Gunn!

Good to see Armstrong and Redmond starting.

Wonder how they’ll line-up at the pointy end?

Wtf?
No Yoshi?
Redmond up front?

Set up not to lose.