And where is Jeff Chertsey?

In the public domain or via PM?

I think it should be done by lottery. Once a week someone gets banned for a week, completely at random. That way you have to try to guess when to write the most offensive thing you can think of.

4 Likes

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

Hey Pap, why don’t you ask the forum where the line should be drawn in terms of unacceptable behaviour? I think it’s the new slightly authoritarian vibe, without really understanding what the boundaries are, that can get people’s goat. In the early days it was everything goes, now something has changed (probably with good reason) and its all a bit random, therefore confusing.

It has clearly evaded your attention, but that was the point of whole disciplinary panel idea.

Who did you think was going to be on it?

Bletch and I? That’s what we do now.

Plus it would seem a way more Corbyn way to do things… :lou_wink_2:

Sorry Lou, I don’t trust your opinions on Corbyn :lou_smiley:

I never liked that bird fellow, completely up his own arse he is. Just because Bearsy and Tokes bigged him up once he thinks he’s the bees fucking knees.

Thank the lords he got “guested”

Originally posted by @Redacted

Redacted due to the Sotonians “guested” lottery

Good idea, maybe every quote from said person’s post should be automatically redacted for that week too.

I’ll always have my moment in the sun…

Anyway, shouldn’t us ‘no vote winners’ stick together?

1 Like

I’m going to see these boys tonight but damn, how apt is this song what you do & say today it don’t go away it’ll just come back & burn your ass tomorrow

1 Like

Originally posted by @BTripz

Originally posted by @Saint-or-sinner

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

Hey Pap, why don’t you ask the forum where the line should be drawn in terms of unacceptable behaviour? I think it’s the new slightly authoritarian vibe, without really understanding what the boundaries are, that can get people’s goat. In the early days it was everything goes, now something has changed (probably with good reason) and its all a bit random, therefore confusing.

Plus it would seem a way more Corbyn way to do things… :lou_wink_2:

Give people time(say over the weekend) to put their ideas forward(however mad or obviously untrue) and then have a vote. After that, whenever anyone moans pap can remind them that this is what they voted for.

Not sure if this has ever been tried before, but it could be amusing and is very democratic.

In the public domain or via PM?

Public. It always has to be public. There would be a whiff of dictatorship any other way.

Don’t be fooled by Big Sad Bobs bullshit … he led me to believe I was his favourite last week :lou_wink:

Originally posted by @pap

It has clearly evaded your attention, but that was the point of whole disciplinary panel idea.

Who did you think was going to be on it?

Bletch and I? That’s what we do now.

If anyone is gonna discipline me, I want it to be Goatboy.

2 Likes

I’m jealous Bearsy is even getting a look in!

I’ll clear a spot in the van :lou_wink_2:

7 Likes

A few words on the Red Card thing mentioned earlier. After Cherts’ guesting, I felt that the whole system was fundamentally flawed, not least because the whole guest concept (everywhere it’s implemented) is positively fucking Orwellian. Guests are supposed to be treated well, aren’t they? Not locked down.

The idea is that we never want to ban everybody, so sending offs might be appropriate. A time limited cooldown. Some people, such as Cobham, have this feature built-in with a no fuss guarantee. I like these people.

It’s also quite footbally, and let’s face it, sending offs are controversial.

Re: the disciplinary panel idea. We have an unofficial one anyway every time a crisis comes up, so why not automatically create a thread where people can discuss, and crucially, vote on any further time served?

I honestly stand by everything I did during Chertsgate. It was fucking heated, so I handed the situation over to bletch, who tried to talk Cherts off the ledge. Cherts likes the ledge. What can you do?

Well, we could abolish guest status and put the onus of site discipline on everyone, making us more footbally into the bargain, and freeing bletch and I of a lot of the shit. Bletch’s only fear might be that Barry might never post again.

I’d like it to be reserved when someone has been fucking out of order. Ultimately, it’s going to be the mods that pull the card. However, the plan is to allow people to overturn it if you think we’ve been out of order.

The plan has been in gestation for a bit and hinted at on the forum. It’s not slightly authoritarian.

It’s the sort of thing I think Corbyn would do :lou_smiley:

1 Like

Don’t understand Post last post. Did The Love Flow?

Webmaster, it takes a criminal to catch a criminal. Like the FA needs new blood, the panel can’t be made up of internet people in marvel comic T-shirts. What if there is a riot?

Be the bigger man and put me and bear on the panel. Every ying needs a yang.

5 Likes

Originally posted by @pap

After Cherts’ guesting, I felt that the whole system was fundamentally flawed, not least because the whole guest concept (everywhere it’s implemented) is positively fucking Orwellian. Guests are supposed to be treated well, aren’t they?

Begging your pardon, Mr Your Lord papship sir, but that’s not what Mr Bletch said about the guests.

4 Likes

Everyone’s on the panel, Tokes. I’m thinking that we have a poll with various options (overturn, extend temporary ban). I’m only thinking in terms of days really. Just time to cool off.

We have a thread like this anyway every time something kicks off. So why not make it a cooler feature which kills a lot of birds with one stone and involves everyone in the process. People can make their case on the thread and vote on whether they think it was justified.

Wouldn’t want to see that trust abused, obviously - and it’ll only be in serious circumstances I’d consider overruling the call (menace, etc). We’re not sure whether it would work, but speaking for myself, I’d like it to.

I only come for threads like this. Don’t kill them off to spend more time on labour and brexit.

1 Like

OK - Pap dragged my recent posting hiatus into his earlier post.

I had a bit of a wobbly a while back overreacting to what was some minor comments so decided to take a break (in mitigation had some real- world shit going on)

It may be my nature, but rather than escalate it into Shirty -gate I thought it better to take a step back and come back once all was sailing on lake placid again (& I missed the whole of shirty-gate btw)

Perhaps people should self-referee and take themselves out of harms way before the site-rozzers need to get involved. We’re adults aren’t we - well man/women-children?

Anyway, Fatso is still a cunt

:lou_wink:

6 Likes

For all the ‘banter’, and insults, i really do believe that, no matter how strongly you may disagree with his opinion, to STATE on a public forum that a poster sexually interferes with children for pleasure, is crossing a line.Especially a poster that has just celebrated the birth of a child. Just plain wrong. Just thrown out there as an insult. Nasty!

3 Likes