And where is Jeff Chertsey?

While we’re on the topic of missing posters, now that Brian has been welcomed back into the fold by the Sotonians community, why doesn’t good ol’ Chertsey come back too? Let’s get the band back together!

Is he still ‘guested’ for failing to repent his sins? Is he now a professional defamer of wums? Does he prefer ‘a bit of Turkish’ over his role as token Corbynista basher? Is he earning so much money from project management that, well, he doesn’t need to talk about it.

I noticed he’s posting on SWF, so he still has way too much time on his hands - would he be welcomed back with open arms given his, shall we say, ‘character flaws’?

Is this a cylindrical metal container that happens to be holding some wiggly legless creatures?

9 Likes

I agree, this punishment has gone on long enough now ffs! Sarb doesn’t deserve this treatment and I can’t help thinking some of it might be down to his ethnicity.

I think the punishment should fit the crime and the grandmaster goth should do whatever it takes to get him back.

2 Likes

Well, yes, I wasn’t quite sure if to bring this up again, but now the subject has been raised by an entirely independent and well-respected poster with no behind the scenes prompting via pm or anything like that, it’s clearly time to reopen this case file! My gut feeling is that a great injustice has been done, and there are srs questions that need answering!

5 Likes

Originally posted by @Tokyo-Saint

I can’t help thinking some of it might be down to his ethnicity.

Yes, I’m not saying it’s that100%, but prob at least 5-10% It’s clear to me that if he had a normal English name like Simon, or something like that, he wouldn’t have got quite the same treatment.

6 Likes

I think like most pressure groups (non-specific stated so don’t try and twist words) that we should just keep having enquiries until we get the answer we want and get Sarb unguested and back on the forum.

It all seems pretty harsh and heartless to keep on punishing him again and again. Who did he call paedo anyway? Are they definitely paedo/not paedo? Cause if someone had said the same about Saville in the 90s people would have been furious with the queen like “better guest that man before he says anything bad about Jimmy again. Poor Jimmy is running to John O’Groats to raise money for the spastic society. He doesn’t need this additional stress.”

My point is we just don’t know so it is not fair to keep on punishing Sarb just because of his political views and his sexual preferences. This seems out of order and unfair on the poor guy.

2 Likes

Ah, yes, as I suspected, this is indeed a can of worms.

5 Likes

You make a persuasive argument, my old fruit! I wasn’t going to mention this, cos it’s a bit breech of confidence, but when I was on Saintsweb he kept sending me pm’s like, 3 or 4 times a day, saying how desperate he is to come back, and how on closer aquaintance with the spackers over there, even old Barry don’t seem so bad. I was a bit worried about him at one point. I hope he don’t do something stupid, if you know what I’m saying. We mustn’t make him Desperate.

1 Like

Yeah surprised you started it but well done for having the strong morals to do so.

1 Like

Agreed. I couldn’t have been more surprised when I saw this thread! That an inquiry is needed, I have no doubt, but maybe I’m partial. To unexpectedly see such a sage and respected poster as Ostrich Man take up the mantle, well, I think it says volumes for his personal integrity that he could make this thread, and take a personal stand for what he believes in. I mean, when pap gets off his 9 hour shift he’ll prob ban the Ostrich, and that’s fair enough, but I think it will be some comfort to him, to know that we valued his Sacrifice.

3 Likes

Oh God, here we go.

I don’t think I’m betraying any confidences here.

Shirty was invited to come back the morning after he was guested. I did all I could to smooth his transition but he wanted to take a break.

After Xmas we shared a few PMs after guest posters lost their downvote rights (cue another thread to protest guest posters’ rights) and again I asked him to come back, but he was unequivocal that he wasn’t coming back. I said it was a shame but you’ve got to respect that.

The only reason Shirty isn’t on here posting is because he doesn’t want to.

There’s no grassy knoll and no smoking gun.

3 Likes

Past is past, beltch. Stop trying to muddy the waters with facts and truths and what-not! I have firm confidence that I can get Sarb back on side, if pap makes the small concession of bending over and taking one. That’s what we’re pushing for! I think pap should bend over. It’ll be good for him! He’s far too obstinate in general.

Get behind the pap bending over party! It’s a movement, prob something to do with freedom of speech and what.

4 Likes

If pap bends over there will be toddlers climbing on him.

7 Likes

Where is Flahute? Fellow cyclist, missing!

2 Likes

Up Steve Grant’s arse on Twitter last time I saw him. Weird. His profile picture did not show a brown nose.

1 Like

I last heard he was in Canada, this is why he isn’t posting he carried out his threat that he’d leave if the single market goes, I won’t speak ill or accuse the man as he isn’t here to defend himself, he can’t get a connection as Tebbit, the Adam Smith Institute, Clarke, May, and all tories of all description are trying to get him back to steady the ship…

He’s in your Fritzlkeller, isn’t he Barry?

If I saw him I would have a few choice words.

Fuck me this place is worse than GoT.

I can’t keep up someone passes away & a Red Queen pops in & brings them back to life.

Jeez you’ll be dogging up Ohio next

Dogging? :grimacing:

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

Originally posted by @Dubai_Phil

Fuck me this place is worse than GoT.

I can’t keep up someone passes away & a Red Queen pops in & brings them back to life.

Jeez you’ll be dogging up Ohio next

Dogging? :grimacing:

Google it. Not in front of the wife. In incognito mode. Safe search off.

1 Like