đŸ€Ș 2019 General Election Discussion :gov:

Hmm. Murray seems to have conflated some things there.

To my mind, there was never and still isn’t a big anti-immigrant franchise.

There are plenty of people opposed to mass immigration of unskilled workers.

The distinction is worth pointing out, I reckon.

Isn’t it you that’s always saying small numbers can have a big impact?

I think the main thrust of the article is that now there is a danger of Farage splitting the Tory vote he seems to be getting little airtime. Do you think this is a coincidence?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JolyonRubs/status/1141395560852840449?s=20

1 Like

Live now:

Always read the small print.

1 Like

See this is the sort of thing that always ‘bugged me’ - when you look at the numbers, there was never a ‘mass’ immigration. Everyone needs to be careful of the words they use as they are extremely powerful
 and to many the word ‘mass’ has more impact on their POV, than the more important factor
 it matters NOT how many folks arrive, more important is the impact they have on our economy and society
 where the truth got lost in a lot of rhetoric, spin and in some cases quite ignorant and even racist campaign material (see Farage and his nice ‘breaking point’ posters) - put together ‘mass’ and breaking point and pictures of syrian refugees, and it DID cause some folks to believe brexit was the solution
 as unpalatable as that may seem.

So by all means talk about the impact of immigration if you wish, but using words ‘recklessly’ like mass, does your credibility no favours
 its what spin doctors did and do

Rumours that Johnson is going to jump ship and parachute himself into the safe Melton and Rutland seat sir Alan Duncan has vacated. If true expect Duncan to be rewarded for his self sacrifice with a peerage and a nice fat salaried position on some quango. I suppose Melton would be apt, isn’t that where they manufacture pork pies?

4 Likes

:+1:

LOL

1 Like

Brilliant!

lol. Hope you don’t mind me nicking this for Twitter!

https://twitter.com/skwawkbox

This has to be a massive vote winner for Labour.
If i was Mr no ifs no buts, i’d want the orange gimp to stfu before my campaign ended up dead in a ditch.

Well, there’s certainly precedent for the British public completely ignoring the (ahem) “advice” of the US President.

Remember the “back of the queue”?

1 Like

Yeah, it should turn some people’s stomachs and hopefully remind them of where a tory vote will take them.

George Washington - I cannot tell a lie.
Boris Johnson- I cannot tell the truth.
Donald Trump - I cannot tell the difference.

9 Likes

Just how divided is the Tory party?

https://twitter.com/SkyeCitySeries/status/1190063303600541696?s=09

1 Like

Hell hath no fury like a former PM who sees his legacy (Maastricht) shat on from a great height

He is still fighting the referendum

1 Like

Interesting that the student doctor, and other doctors at Addenbrookes, were not told Johnson was coming, indeed they say they were told that “they weren’t allowed to know he was here”. Really? Why, and on who’s say so? Quite sinister if it’s the shape of things to come during the election campaign.
Also interesting that Johnson only seems to visit primary schools. Is he frightened of meeting anyone over 7 years old in case they might ask intelligent questions he is incapable of answering?

As far as flummoxing this PM goes, I wouldn’t rule out primary school kids.

3 Likes