šŸµ šŸž Your perfect tea and toast combination

But what goes on the toast? Gotta be butter, not Flora or any of that not quite butter stuff. Then jam or marmalade, never the evil marmite.

2 Likes

Toast at breakfastā€¦it MUST be Marmalade.

2 Likes

Welcome AyeEi!

1 Like

Flaxseed oil for me :upside_down_face:

Welcome to the crazy gang Aye!

1 Like

Flaxseed oil on toast?! Is that vegan lard?

1 Like

Marmalade at breakfast for me too. Has to have chunks of peel.

And then thereā€™s the bread. Always white if itā€™s having a sweet topping.

Strawberry jam or peanut butter or both

1 Like

Marmite or Bovril on top of salted butter.

1 Like

Believe it or not, this site is obscure enough to have discussed Marmite independently, quite recently.

We mirror the general population it seems. Welcome aboard @AyeEi.

I used to love peanut butter on toast.

I also used to be a fat bastard.

4 Likes

Marmite or marmalade

Real butter

And I would go for peanut butter but we canā€™t have it in the house. The second a jar of it reaches the kitchen I am at it with a spoon. The flesh is weak

2 Likes

Oh for pityā€™s sake. :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

Medical needs. Have to avoid dairy completely and Flax Oil (like seeds) is healthy and tasteless

These were pretty much two items I was unable to enjoy on holiday given I donā€™t eat dairy and the Mauritians arenā€™t quite there on the veganism.

So I have mainlined tea with diary alternative and toast with Flora on since I got back.

I was once known for my tea making skills. Now donā€™t really make it for anyone else.

1 Like

Breakfast. Marmalade big lumpy Marmalade.
Lunch. Pate, Tomato, Ground Salt & Pepper. Homemade & lumpy Pate not Supermarket Packet stuff.
On the Pickled thread? Place slice of ham in hot frying pan. Crack egg on top, cover with lid. Keep egg runny, top with ground salt & pepper.
Gargantuan pickles? 2 Ham, 2 Eggs washed down with Brufen & water

Given up Tea, had about 2 cups this year. Cant get proper stuff here. Tetleys never gets strong enough

I still remember that night we picked you up from halfway across town just so you could make us a cuppa.

At 2am. You werenā€™t happy.

ah I remember it well - it wasnā€™t that late. Back from a days work and then a night shift at the Mayflower and home about 11pm. Just getting into my pjs when I get a call begging me to come out. I relent, being the life and soul of any evening out of course I had to be here. Iā€™m even collected.

Get in the door ā€˜make the tea Nikā€™. I did hold out for a good hour. Then made the tea.

4 Likes