Would you want Mark Hughes to carry on as saints manager?

That ex Sevilla dude is available

Good shout there, and gets my vote. JS Bach would move us on from tiki taka to toccata.

4 Likes

Yep cool…Bach man does it for me too…

1 Like

Groan

:lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

Bastard - beat me to it!

Some serious flares and stack heels action going on there.

2 Likes

Yep takes me back to…last Saturday TBH. :lou_facepalm_2:

3 Likes

I guess all that nylon and plastic clothing never wears out so last Saturday was proof it was money well spent back in the day?

Yep…still got the Bubble Perm too.

2 Likes

Not sure I understand the question.

But, and as a fan of cultured and expansive football, I think Hughes is a system-first type of coach that wants to put his system up against other coaches’ systems.

To make any one rigid system work means you have to make it first difficult to break down and second score goals.

Nothing wrong with the order of those objectives per se but it’s the same approach that got us Pellegrino

It’s the same approach that gives you Pullis and Alardyce and Dyche and Hodgson (Mourinho for that matter).

Again, all competent men that would do a competent job.

I simply prefer to risk more to get more .

3 Likes

You ever stuck your cock in a whisk?

4 Likes

Have agree with Auntie Bletchington on this one. Say waht you like about Klopp, but his Dortmund style of fast freeflowing high risk attacking game is my prefered style… and he did that on a model not too dismmillar to the one we were trying… home grown youth talent mixed with unearthing foreign Gems… only later did he have budget to spend after sales…

Again if we think Hughes (as decent a bloke as he is and as thankful we are for him getting us out a hole) is the ‘best option’, it shows the rather limited thinking of Kruger and Reed. It says to me the club has no real desire or ambtion beyond safety/mid table mediocrity. I would rather we put style and ambition ahead of boring predictabilty…

2 Likes

TBH I think Kruger and Reed are a bit shell-shocked and were unlikely to make an adventurous signing. Hughes is seen as a reasonably safe pair of hands. It’s a wait and see senario for me.

2 Likes

See you in the championship season after next then ? (playing devils advocate).

1 Like

I don’t think we have the players to play expansive ‘Kloppesque’ football.

Unfortunately they are all at Liverpool.

3 Likes

Aye… thing is I always been a kind of ‘stick it all on red’ kinda guy… chicks dig it dude :lou_wink_2:

My boss is a follower of the bin dippers. Even he doesn’t think we have anyone of quality left that they’d want to buy.

He has a point e.g. Cedric has faded from the limelight after his Euro 16 win with Portugal. Bertrand still runs around with a face like a smacked arse; Boufal wants back to an easier league in France; Redmond is Redmond; Long can run and score very very occasionally and so on and on and on.

Would Liverhampton want them, or anyone else?

Well funnily enough they’ve been linked with McCarthy and Lemina recently…

McCarthief maybe, but Lemons?

Where is Lord Duckhunter btw?

1 Like

To be fair there is undoubtedly a very talented footballer in there somewhere.