⚽ 🏆 Women's World Cup 2019

Tonight’s game: USA vs. Sweden. US one up after 3 minutes.
It should be noted Sweden have rested some of their players as both sides are already through to the next round.

England should be good to go in that one. Cameroon played NZ and scored with the last kick of the game.

Full of controversy…England beneficaries of VAR, Cameroon victims. As the laws stand VAR decisions are correct.

England lead 3 - 0

England deservedly win 3 - 0 against a Cameroon side that totally lost it long before the second half. The second half saw the Chinese referee totally out of her depth in a digusting display of spoilt Cameroon brats going largely unpunished.

1 Like

So women’s football is the equal of men’s for all the wrong reasons

Pretty much. Have a feeling there will be afters for Cameroon.

Well, from watching these highlights Cameroon have nothing to complain about

1 Like

In fact they could have left the field minus 3 players…but the officials bottled it.

1 Like

VAR works its magic again, this time in favour of USA against Spain with the game poised at 1 - 1 . 70th minute an innocuous challenge for the ball brings the US player crashing to the ground after she takes a cople of extra paces before deciding she was fouled. You know the kind of tackle…like a gnat landing on your ankle and deciding not to bite you, but its weight distrubing your balance. Incident replayed and replayed for 5 minutes before Trump threatens military action against France and the penalty is awarded.

USA hang on to win 2 - 1.

1 Like

1st quarter final tonight

:engerland: England v Norway :norway:, 20:00 hours on the BBC

Oh BTW England 1 up in the 3rd minute…Jill Scott.

40 minutes England 2 - 0…looking good.

WOAH what a cracking 3rd goal from Lucy Bronze. :lou_lol:

Convincing win 3 - 0 against a well fancied Norwegian team. A little fortunate not to conceed in the second half after some careless defending . Fortunately always someone there in the end to make a last ditch wining challenge. A more clinical side might have made it a closer contest.

4 Likes

A really entertaining game. Some great skill on show and a cracking team spirit.

I keep feeling that we’re going to get tested by better sides but I thought Norway was one of those better sides and we pushed them aside too.

Onwards.

3 Likes

Patronising bastard. They did really really well (for girls) is what you meant. You sicken me.

5 Likes

That’s not my style.

I no longer even identify as football male or football female.

I identify as football.

This tournament has changed me.

PS your reply was excellent (for @Rust-Cohle).

6 Likes

I often can’t identify football at SMS

3 Likes