⚽ 🏆 Women's World Cup 2019

Not sure it was.

Not for me…that was so point-blank the only way to stop anyone conceeding a penalty would be for all players to have their arms strapped behind their backs.

Saints should sign this Argentinian keeper, she’s having a blinder.

England dominated Argentina 1-0 last night and will now play Japan to see who finishes top of the group. England have qualified for the knockout stages, Japan haven’t.

First set of final group round today

China 17:00 Spain
South Africa 17:00 Germany
South Korea 20:00 Norway
Nigeria 20:00 France

No team is through from France’s group yet but France are top with 6 points

Germany have qualified from their group due to China playing Spain, SA can’t qualify

Yeah, yeah, VAR penalty but, IMHO and @Goatboy might even agree, it was the correct decision.

not commenting about retaking the spot kick though as I haven’t seen that

She didn’t have a foot on the line as per the new rules. Correct decision to retake

1 Like

That was also the previous rule…except the fucktards rarely implimented it.

1 Like

Now VAR will 🤷

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: FIFA/UEFA are Dirty Dogs

Onya Sam Kerr. 4 goals. Bumped Brazil down to 3rd, though they will get through as a best placed 3rd - ah remember the days!!

1 Like

2 games tonight in group D

Scotland could still qualify as the 3rd best team if they beat Argentina and beat them well, considering the performance of the Argentinian goalkeeper this tournament this may well be a tall order…

Japan v England to decide group winner, England need not to lose to win the group

Japan vs England…game on.

England take the lead 14 minutes…well taken goal from Ellen White .

Japanese keeper keeping the score down…3 top saves in the first half an hour.

Japan 0 - 1 England HT

VAR not helping then

Clear pen and clearly advanced off her line before the kick so not poor refereeing.

I enjoyed the game last night. England were not clinical enough - too many sloppy passes, especially in the second half which Neville needs to tighten up, better teams could hurt them.

But the two goals showed a difference in professionalism between the 2 sides.

May catch some more if the stream supplier stays the course