👩 ⚽ Women's Football

Probably the fastest goal ever? Let alone in women’s football.

Was going to say “pretty” good, but that’d be sexist.

Bloody good though, but some our, let’s say, less modern contributors would say it was either a set up or a fluke…

The club seem to be taking the women’s game seriously.

2 Likes

Good to see that Wet Spam have announced today that they have taken over both the running of the ladies club and academy.

Another good step forward for the women’s game.

1 Like

I’m taking credit for this! ha ha ha

What I do no understand from this, is that we do all this work and then what, they go on to Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool (oh hold on that is just like the Southampton 1st team, stick with me). I really do not know why we do not have our own Southampton women’s team, surely we want to see the finished product as a team? Even though the club ‘hint’ and that is all, in many articles that this will be the next step, they have not 100% said this. I will rest very happy when they have said this, but we are doing great stuff at the club it would seem. Just wish they would shout and jump up and down a little more about it.

2 Likes

Our Sfcsim.

Making the FA look like a fucking brontosaurus.

What the fuck! The FA are so out of touch!

3 Likes

“On the back of toilet doors”

Fucking genius, FA. Straight out of Sid the Sexist’s “Guide fo’ lasses, like”.

3 Likes

Would love to have been in that meeting. So where do girls go? Cafes, oh yes that is good, we will pop that down.

Hour later and nothing, where else do girls go? Come on! Yes Brian ‘toilets, they always go to the toilets and together’.

They should use mainly pink kits, maybe with a few accessories

Scatter cushions in the goals

moisturiser as well as water bottles on the side of the pitch

1 Like

Pretty sure the title has been abbreviated from “Fuck all consideration”

1 Like

If they follow their own plans then surely they should promote on Twitter? Or colourful nice smelling bibs and hand them out around town shopping centres/changing rooms and toilets?

There is currently a Sim household full scale meltdown going on, over this.

In the link is a full set of incentives, some good ideas, but outweighed by the pure sexism in other areas. It just seems they are missing the point. One thing everything does not have to be pink and fluffy!

seriously, what is the point of fighting for equality locally, when you get this approved by the goverening body of football. FFS!

Mixed bag!

The FA are increasing the ‘allowance’ of girls teams to play in boys leagues and, while initial results may suggest they are struggling to adapt to the new demands, it’s a move that coaches believe will benefit the women’s game in the long term.

It seemed like a good idea at the time, and should prove to be so, but it is unlikely that the Leicester City girls under 12’s goalkeeper thought so when she was picking the ball out of the net for the 17th time against Lane head boys under 12’s. The “idea” was the elite girls development teams should play in the boys leagues, which was a logical next step for the FA who were backed by risk assessment research from Brunel University.

The prime motivation, with the England woman’s team in mind, is that all evidence suggests that girls who play football with boys, become better adult players. As a side-effect it was hoped to reduce the misogyny that still afflicts the game with boys - parents - coming to appreciate female football should be respected, not sneered at.

In the first 4 weeks of the season the female teams played 18 matches against boys. One was drawn, 17 lost. The girls conceded 154 goals, scoring 16. Besides the 17-1 defeat scores of 15-0, 14-0, 13-1, 12-0, and 12-1 were recorded.

However, there are mitigating circumstances, especially at under 12’s. The girls play in 2 year age bands, but the boys do not. The differing birth dates can mean that a 10 year old boy can be up against a 12 year old boy.

Despite the problems Chris Gould, club manager for Birmingham City ladies RTC, believes the policy will pay off in the long run. “It has been difficult, but it is the right decision”. “Our girls that have gone on to play in the first team (in the Woman’s super league) and international football have usually played with boys growing up”.

I am sure if the structure was the same right from the off, mixed teams, or mixed leagues, then the players could develop at the same pace, with the same age. Why oh why do they have different age set ups and 7 v 7, 9 v 9 and 11 v 11 at different times. I am not sure what planet the FA are on at times, but everything should go the same throughout the game reguardless of gender?

Sometimes you just have to accept that our country is full of idiots, and many are in charge of things.

2 Likes

Some of us have left

There are so many that one less doesn’t help - but thanks anyway.

:smile:

4 Likes