👩 ⚽ Women's Football

I would love nothing more than to have a Southampton FC female side running alongside the football club. I would like to know the clubs thoughts on this, but never get a reply.

I do have to film Women’s football matches, and you may mock but the skill level isn’t bad and they get stuck in

2 Likes

Darling fascist bully boy,

Give us a women’s team, you bastard.

May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman.

Sfcsim.

:lou_wink_2:

1 Like

They’re planning for it. There’s a section on the new website about it.

1 Like

Neil … Young Ones :smile:

2 Likes

Nobody expects it to be as good as the premiership .

My point , which you seem unable to address is this . I am all for equality &chicks doing what they want when they want & getting paid the same as blokes for the same job . However , subsidising their football is not equality and is in fact condescending to them . Real equality is women’s football standing on its own two feet . If it can’t then it’s unsustainable. They seem to want their cake & eat it . Want to be treated as equals , but want men’s football to subsidise them .

Why did the Southampton ladies team go down the tubes when Rupert Lowe was in charge ?

At some stage during the 80’s and 90’s they were actually quite good and won some trophy’s.

1 Like

Ok, by the same token you are against, let’s say, pumping money and resources into the education system in deprived areas (eg East London) to help kids achieve better life outcomes than they would have otherwise, because they should stand on their own two feet?

Or would you stop funding education about FGM because it’s all about “chicks”.

The list of reasons why things / causes deserve to be supported, financially or otherwise, is endless.

2 Likes

You’re confusing Government money with private money . If the Government want to plough money into birds playing football as this will have health benefits & maybe society benefits that’s one thing . Provided men get the same money , I’m all for that . What I’m not all for is women’s terrible football expecting the men’s game to subsidise them . There are plenty of commercial deals in women’s sport , tennis , golf, beach volleyball. That’s because these sports are interesting and skillful and its worth investing in. Chick football is not ,that’s why they’re skint . I wouldn’t expect West Ham to provide a kit for The Dog & Duck , why should they provide one for a chicks team?

1 Like

“birds” and “chicks”?

Tit.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Fatso

“birds” and “chicks”?

Tit.

Danny Dyer is Lord D’s hero.

I actually prefer Danny Dyer to Duckhunter. Which is almost unfathomable.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @pap

“birds” and “chicks”?

Tit.

I guess,that Dyer is not a man-chick though because I suspect the only thing Lord D would have to say after Danny had cooked his dinner is “get up them stairs…”

1 Like

Something positive, this is a huge step in the right direction.

You could have the woman Saints playing before the the men kick off. (Ok the pitch is the concern), but I know many will still stay on in the pub, but many families will come and watch the women first. In the end people will want to pay to come and watch the female team. It is all about the development and winning people over.

1 Like

“birds” and “chicks”?

Tit.

I love how this is a put-down and a pun at the same time.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @pap

“birds” and “chicks”?

Tit.

He’s a sexist twat , no hero of mine .

i know you metro sexual trendies are right on and progressives but I am surprised you haven’t grasped the simple fact that it is not empowering chicks to let them latch onto the men’s game . Letting the pretty little things run around before the proper game is far more sexist than saying " when you’re good enough to draw decent attendances ,and attract sponsorship , then we’ll talk about it". The women golfers don’t get patronised by being allowed to play just before the open , they have their own separate event . The only women I want to see on the pitch pre game are some fit cheer leaders

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Great response from Southampton Football Club today. That told me. Not a Saints team but blimey that is some work!

Dear Mr Sim,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding Girls and Women’s Football. We appreciate your positive comments and your passionate and loyal support.

Southampton Football Club is an integral part of the England Women’s Elite Talent Pathway, and we have been awarded a Tier 1 Licence (for 3 years) by The FA. It is a quality assured programme providing player development opportunities for elite female players at Under 10s, Under 12s, Under 14s, and Under 16s.

Southampton Football Club operates a multi-disciplinary approach to player development incorporating aspects of LTAD (Long Term Athlete Development). Players have access to comprehensive Performance Services including Testing Protocols (every age group), Functional Movement Screening (FMS), Performance Analysis, Performance Nutrition, Strength & Conditioning, Prehab and Rehab programmes, GPS monitoring and physiotherapy services. Our technical programme is led by coaching staff with experience of every level of the talent pathway, as well as extensive experience of the game at international level. Our philosophy is built around developing potential and preparing players for the highest levels of the women’s game, into excellence.

You can read more about this

You can see media coverage of our Regional Talent Centre from the Daily Echo here:

We are excited and proud of what we are achieving, and you will soon see the beginnings of a fantastic campaign promoting Girls and Women’s football at Southampton Football Club. We’d love to hear your thoughts once the campaign gets underway, and urge you to keep an eye on our website and social media.

Attached is a copy of our Equality Policy which sets out our fundamental and deep rooted commitment to equality in everything we do.

Once again we thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and if you have any further questions you are welcome to contact us at any time.

Kind Regards
Khali

Khali Parsons
Supporter Relations Manager
Southampton FC
E: supporterrelations@saintsfc.co.uk
T: 02380 711 980

4 Likes

Sfcsim - excellent news.

Let’s all pause while LordD goes into an apoplectic rage that Saints are developing young “chicks” for the highest levels of the women’s game…think of all that money wasted that could have been put back into the men’s game…

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

Great response from Southampton Football Club today. That told me. Not a Saints team but blimey that is some work!

Dear Mr Sim,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding Girls and Women’s Football. We appreciate your positive comments and your passionate and loyal support…

…

… Once again we thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and if you have any further questions you are welcome to contact us at any time.

Kind Regards
Khali

Khali Parsons
Supporter Relations Manager
Southampton FC
E: supporterrelations@saintsfc.co.uk
T: 02380 711 980

Wow … an indepth, personal response, not just a fob you off standard letter.

It’s for little things like this, I’m proud to support Saints

1 Like