👩 ⚽ Women's Football

The club with a woman director! Makes no sense. I feel we could really lead the way in woman’s football.

You are joking right?

So they can’t afford a physio or a kit and have to train by the side of the road , so what thousands of blokes who are shiete at football have the same problems . Difference is The dog & Duck don’t sponge off the back of the professional men’s game. I’m sure these chicks at West Ham are all for women’s lib and equality , therefore they should get sponsorship . The reason they can’t is because nobody cares about chick football . What other area do women show their equality by jumping on the back of men’s success, they should stand on their own two feet .

I just hope we don’t waste any money and " lead the way" .

1 Like

Thing is LDH that any chavvy little gobshite from the Dog & Duck could go professional if he had the talent (& if spotted of course). Women’s football doesn’t allow it.

What’s so wrong with helping to develop the women’s game? There are plenty of women who love to play and it would help raise the profile if there was a clear pathway for them to become professional.

Of course, if you’d like to keep the “little ladies” chained to the kitchen sink, then that’s a topic for another thread.

There’s nothing stopping chick football becoming professional , apart fro the fact nobody watches it . We have professional women’s tennis & golf , why not football? Because it’s rubbish that’s why .

They want to piggy back onto men’s football , benefit from men . That’s not equality or women’s lib , that’s charity .

2 Likes

West Ham Ladies would disagree.

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-44b7-West-Ham-didnt-want-us-there

I don’t agree with your view & I’ll assume that you are not being deliberately provocative in you comments.

But, do you really call women"chicks"?

:lou_facepalm_2:

3 Likes

Cobham; meet Lord D.

Lord D; welcome to Sotonians, skip.

1 Like

Wrote a reply. Didn’t post. Bloody conspiracy against women (or shite hotel wifi).

1 Like

I see you enjoyed Cobham’s feminist post, intiniki.

Not to betray a confidence or owt, but haven’t I heard you chuckle when I’ve employed the “chicknicker” portmanteau to describe someone that goes around nicking other people’s ladies?*

Why is the shorter form unacceptable?

* I fully acknowledge that I may have dreamt this.

1 Like

Try posting on SWTrains out of Waterloo - have lost count of the posts that don’t appear.

1st world problems eh!?

3 Likes

I tried several replies but deleted them all before posting. Sometimes there is no point, as you could not possibly get your point across and change some people’s minds. It is the same with many racists, you just cannot change some people’s minds… I will move on.

1 Like

I am unimpressed with your apparent lack of staying power for the cause of women’s football, Sfcsim.

Oh, that is perhaps the worst example of trolling i’ve seen in some time.

4 Likes

It was pretty poor wasn’t it.

Let’s sit back and see what comes next…should be fun.

:lou_lol:

You’re either an innocent lamb that has never read TSW, the UI or goodly proportions of this site.

Or that’s a bit of hyperbole.

Nah, I think Ted is gently pushing for a reaction. Like poking a snake with a stick to see what happens.

We’re not like the cunts on UI at all, well mostly never, or not often…much.

1 Like

I am not going to sit behind a “keyboard” and argue the issue with someone who could be trolling or maybe not. For me there is nothing to argue the point about. The female game needs the development from grass roots through to the professional game. With the money involved at the professional level (premier league even more so) the clubs should be giving their support. The female game has come on a huge amount in the last few year and will continue to do so. If the profession game helps it grow, then I am sure the female game will be able to stand on its own two feet. Of course at that point down the line, I doubt very much that the club will want to let the female go alone and why would they, as they would be an asset to the city by then.

I will continue to help promote/champion the female game in the local area from youth level to adult, but you are just not going to change some people’s minds on this issue.

3 Likes

Sfcsim

Wholeheartedly agree with your comments.

Too many people expect it to be the same as the Premiership

it’s not, It’s different but getting better all the time.

Why shouldn’t the Premiership clubs be compelled to divert a little of their billions to develop the women’s game, It’ll benefit them in the mid to long term after all …

1 Like

I’ve had a cocktail and quite a bit of honey rum and do not recollect this.

Part of my lost post was

Haven’t heard “chick” in a while. How quaint.

I may or may not remeber the rest tomorrow.

2 Likes

Is one monstrous premier league circus of vacuous, overpaid distractions not enough? Why do you see it as a positive step to try to help develop another one? If you want to help women gallant knight, don’t you think women’s energies would be better directed elsewhere? E.g yoga.