:wolvesfc: Wolves v Saints :saints: (PL)

This should have happened weeks ago.

And where is my fucking speedboat? cunts.

1 Like

Granted.

1 Like

A great result.

For Baz.
Revelling in it. :rage:

If only there had been something exciting to watch on telly this afternoon…

2 Likes

I agree - in parts.

First half we were really poor - or Wolves made us look poor. Lots and lots of individual errors as Wolves put us under lots of pressure.

First half of the second half we were dominant and Wolves were there for the taking. But we struggle to link the lines of play to create real chances. That said, we produced more than enough to have won it in that phase.

Then Traore came on and Redmond had to help Bertrand out, and Hoedt also had to help Bertrand and Redmond out when Armstrong was dispossessed and then it went to shit. That cross/pass from Traore just shouldn’t have come in. Hoedt had to stop it at all costs.

After that Armstrong should have stopped the next cross and didn’t.

So a couple of individual errors cost us a point but again I’m not convinced we’ll get much more than that against teams that press unless they match our 4-4-2.

4 Likes

I didn’t see much of the first half, my stream kept dying. Saw the whole of the second half and thought from that we were unlucky not to get anything from the game, tbh. Was pissed off when hoedt tried to shepherd it out for a throw and somehow contrived to gift them a corner, also miffed when we were looking really dangerous and looked like scoring, then we put a corner straight out of play. That should never happen in a pro game, and handed the momentum over on a silver platter.

1 Like

So … just back from the game. Shit it’s been a long day. A14 shut this morning resulted in a 4 hour trip to the shittiest hole in the universe. Wolverhampton is a complete armpit and it’s full of Midlanders with bostin’ accents a’it. Complete wankers. Nowhere to eat, nowhere to drink (all pubs were home fans only) and Saints fuckin lost t’boot.

So, what happened (for real not just Tele shite). We were poor for much of the time, they were poor for much of the time. They got 2 goals, we never looked like scoring. Our support was spread out along the touchline and pretty quiet, the Wolves fans were fucking loud and had fucking shite songs. WTF was all the "and we’re (clap clap) Wolverhampton … ". Wankers.

The Saints team were pretty poor today, not a great advert for the club nor the supporters. Hughes has got to act decisively now. Hoedt is fucking brilliant for 5 minutes of the game (a couple of his tackles were world class) but for 85minutes, he’s a car crash waiting to happen. His distribution is random at best. Vestergaard couldnt outrun a tortoise. Charlie is Charlie.

Good bits (there were a few) … Redmond had another good game. Car Thief was outstanding. They could have easily had one or two more. Hoj Poj was brutal. That’s about it.

Ings looked isolated and frustrated. Maybe missing his mate Longy. Austin barely won a header today. If he’s our target man for the long ball game, woe betides us. Cedric was pulled out of position so many times. I’m not sure if he’s playing as a full back or a winger. For the first 15 mins I thought it was going to be a “Lemina day”, then he got going and it was OK. Bertie and Redders looked like they’d had a barny before the game as they didn’t work well together today. Redmond looked better when he went across with Cedric.

What to do about Everton … ? I don’t fucking know. I’ll consult the “Ghost Ship” Oracle now that I’ve finished driving for the day.

Pip pip, SCD out.

8 Likes

From watching the whole game on the blag.

Too deep.
Midfield too far from forwards.
Not fast enough.
No desire.
Defensive frailties.

We know this, why deny it, we’re fucking shite to watch as we have been for the last 3 years and we are as equally as shite, lets be honest here.

So, did I miss much?

The square root of Fuck All.

1 Like

That’s ok then - phew!

T’was a tad disappointing, I have to admit.

Maybe people will see the reality, we’re mentally weak and don’t have the quality from the bench to get us out of the shit, Hughes is a busted flush, Gao needs to spend a lot and we need to get rid of a lot but who’ll buy? I can’t think of one creative midfielder who is good and composed on the ball capable of threading passes through nor can I think of one willing to do the dirty work, up front we’re shit and Ings can’t do it with no or little quality ball, don’t get me started on our wank defence.

Did you see the Crystal Palace game?

3 Likes

One swallow doesn’t make a summer.

Agreed, but it gives a lie to your assertion that everything and everyone is shit.

Our tactics and those of the other team have a disproportionate impact on our performance for which I hold Hughes responsible - well that and individual errors.

We’re not a bad squad, we’re not a great squad but we’re not making the most of the talent at our disposal.

BTW, I ask again, did you watch the Crystal Palace game?

I did and we we’re quite good but also lucky, we only closed the game after a Palace attack in which they were unlucky and we broke away. our players aren’t that bad but we’re a poor team, I think that is closer to the truth.

Bollocks. I was there and we deserved the win - not luck.

1 Like

Oh how naive. :lou_facepalm_2: Barry will tell you when we fail to score we’re SHIT…when the opposition fail to score they were UNLUCKY. I thought you knew.

1 Like