:wolvesfc: Wolves v Saints :saints: (PL)

I just hope we get a better result against the Wolves than our Saintly counterparts did in the Roman amphitheatres, back in the day.

Well I’m really intrigued by what Hughes will do.

The 3 CBs was surely just a response to Liverpool being fucking rampant at the moment? But at Stoke he favoured 3 CBs and was attempting to get us doing the same in preseason before apparently throwing in the towel.

But when we play two banks of 4 we seem to be vulnerable to more fluid teams who get in between the lines. And often with an extra man in the centre midfield area we are overrun. Also, against teams that press we resort to a long ball for the strikers to chase. This isn’t the team admitting they’ve run out of ideas, it’s Hughes’ sanctioned method of defeating the opposition press (from an interview a few weeks ago).

As I said earlier in the thread Wolves are perhaps the worst sort of opponents for us if we line up with two banks of 4 - we’re expected to do well, they press and they have gifted players that are given freedom to find positions ahead of the defence.

Ouch.

That said we were excellent against Palace (who helpfully line up 4-4-2 against us) so we are at least showing signs of being a decent 4-4-2 team.

Nice but no where near the original.

Because I am mad busy, football for the next few years will be on the back burner, the reality of having a 5 and a near 2 year old.

1 Like

I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we’re just relieved that you still make time to log in here during the match and post your thoughts - even though you don’t have to time watch the matches.

x

3 Likes

We’ll keep you updated and you can swear at us, just don’t say out loud what you type. No one wants your kids going around shouting “fucking useless hairdressers. No backbone i tell you”. Imagine the vicars reaction🙄

2 Likes

I’m watching it on the blag you whoppers. this is one shite game.

Hoedt is fucking shit.

1 Like

They’re just so so soft, Wolves are throwing in tackles and even as shit as they are they’re trying, we just go no where, just blindly run hoping someone will put in a Worldy pass, we haven’t got that quality.

Schrödinger’s Baz, init.

FFS :lou_facepalm_2:

There is a surprise. Hughes has to go or we go down. We’re fucking shit.

Hughes promised the players a draw - they’ve given up now they didn’t get it

Weak little pussies, the Southampton way for last 3 years.

well that was shit.

If I wasn’t still hanging from last night I’d be having a stiff drink right now.

We weren’t as shit as I expected, in fact for a while there I thought we looked quite good. But it doesn’t need an origami expert to get us to fold.

2 Likes

We’re going down I tell thee, we’re bollocks.

I wonder if it is time for Yoshi to come in for ‘this ball could go anywhere but where it should’ Hoedt?