⚽ 🏉 🏏 Why are English sports teams always the bridesmaid

PL owner. The F.A.
How would they stop it?

Would allow the womens game to flourish to the point it would affect their revenue?

Except…
It’ll be their revenue, just like the men’s game.
Do you think they give a shit how the money is made?

The fans have to come from somewhere otherwise we’d have 2 half full stadiums? TV Rights?

Did you not understand my post?

I did fully understand it, I just don’t think you know how little the womens game is supported on a weekly basis, for it to grow where are the fans going to come from?
From the mens game?
New fans?

We’ve been through that already. There’s a whole market there, that has had very little to do with the game up until the last few years and it’s now growing fast(fastest growing participation sport i believe).
Did tennis try to destroy the female game or did they say " oh look at all the extra money we can make"?
They didn’t even lower the nets, but made a fortune.

I think you need to look at the womens game in tennis, outside of the gram slams how big is the womens tour and how much money is there?

I don’t understand what this has to do with the conversation.

Remember, you were saying that it wouldn’t be allowed, as you believe it could only succeed by taking fans from the mens game and somehow bizarrely affect revenue for people that control both.
It’s its own entity, let’s wait and see how it does. Looks good at the moment :wink:

I am saying they wouldn’t want fans splitting not that I’d say many would, would you? So where are the fans going to come from?

I notice you went quiet on the womens tennis comparison.

Are people not allowed to go to both?

Of course, time, money and supporting two teams could be very expensive indeed would fans of the mens game cross over consistently?

Welcome Gabriel Minge, I hope you enjoy posting here.

Not all fans would cross over, but that’s how you get interest and even 5% of regular attendees from the men’s game would provide a good foundation. The women’s game is not that old and will take time to build a fanbase, even on the back of England getting to the semis I still think the women’s game is probably 20 years away from getting regular attendances of 15,000 - 20,000 but I think it will happen.

You’re a live in the moment man, aren’t you.

Please go back up(just a few posts) goldfish.

Nope. The women’s game does fine(and they didn’t lower the net, or make the court smaller).

I don’t, I just can’t see that happening, the women from the mens game maybe but I’ll be honest I wouldn’t go other than a blank Saturday.

Maybe that’s something the women’s game can exploit, the EPL will get more and more spread out during the week to accommodate foreign markets, so more people might attend regular lower league or women’s games on a Saturday afternoon.

1 Like

I thought we were talking about England not Pompey…

Again the demand for mens tickets to womens is massive, you can’t compete, get on ticket websites for the Wimbledon Final and you’ll see there is a vast difference and thats my point.
Is the game in this Country sustainable?