⚽ 🏉 🏏 Why are English sports teams always the bridesmaid

Ok then where is this new support going to come from? What age demographic? When will they start going to the games?

From the same age group you seem to think will fill Glastonbury.

1 Like

Girls. This is what the rest of us have been saying. It’ll grow as they do or fail.

As I said do you think they’ll keep going through the turnstiles, its a business.

No you didn’t. You said.

Can you see the difference?

Just above.

Was that a reply to me and what does it have to do with girls growing with the game(as we were discussing)?

Thats the thing I get 34 replies to me in a minute, I’d try to cover things as quickly as possible, I’d have to hire some otherwise.

“It can’t live on dads, wifes and the off fan”
Utter nonsense I know, like a 5 year olds shite homework, but I think I get what you’re saying. Young girls need to embrace the game and attend. And they are. Increasingly so.

Who is taking them? On their own? Is that sustainable?

Facts

1 Like

That’s your problem. Try taking a breath, then post(after you’ve clearly gone back up the page to find something to back you up, no matter which conversation).
No one knows how well it’ll take off, but the signs are promising and that’s positive.

This might help, women’s teams in the EFL cup next :man_shrugging:

1 Like

For mine, and this may be controversial, the idea from the 80s that people should be rewarded for taking part and not for winning has had an adverse effect on sports in this country. This has slowly been reversed and we are seeing it effects now.

For men’s football we have the issue that young English footballers don’t get to play regular football as they’re not wanted abroad (they want to develop their own talent) and they’re considered too much of a risk for the Premier League clubs, change that mentality and you may see a change in where the National team finishes.

Rugby Union and Cricket, as @Polski_Filip moots, are elite sports and, as such, are only taught to a select few.

Other sports fall by the wayside because football, rugby and cricket are what is seen as cool to play.

Women’s football has come on leaps and bounds in this country over the last 10 years, there is more to come. I don’t see reducing the size of the pitch or the goals as a solution. Improving coaching and getting the girls fitter will make the girls game better. This takes time.

4 Likes

Is Bazza looking to be grooming the girls attending without boyfriends / husbands / Dads?

As the mum of a football playing daughter I totally agree. Better coaching and fitness should be the next goals

3 Likes

That I can understand but it money, where are these coaches going to come from? Don’t say Neville just don’t.

See my post one above the one you replied to.

Wouldn’t it be great if men’s and women’s teams from the same club shared the same coaches :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Says the man in the Philippines…

1 Like

Again you think the Premiership owners would allow that?