šŸ„Š Who's staying up for the Boxing?

Tyson had about 3-4 year period where he was sensational. Then his demons overtook him and whilst dangerous he was never as good again. At his best unfortunately his competition wasnā€™t great so he never had the defining fight/s that other greats had. A real shame as itā€™s hard to tell just how good he was or couldā€™ve been. I would say the Tyson who initially became champ would have annihilated Wilder, Joshua in first two rounds.

3 Likes

With Cus Dā€™Amato yes probably, people always say prison fucked him up but he was fucked 2 years before that, he did fight some great fighters though, Spinks for one, that was him at his best, when he fucked off Rooney he changed, Iā€™ve always said Lennox Lewis both in their prime would have been the best fight ever, Lewis would have beaten them all in my opinion, a very very clever boxer.

1 Like

Spinks was a great light heavyweight. Very mediocre heavyweight. Who else do you think were great fighters tyson beat?

1 Like

From that era?
Tillis, Smith, Biggs and Holmes.
This was before he fucked up as well, he fought some good fighters.

In his early fights Tyson had his psychotropic medication withheld from about 3 weeks before he fought. He was an animal, seriously psychopathic. As evidenced when he bit Holyfieldā€™s ear off. That should have been the end of it, he should never have been given a licence to fight again, but too much money to be made from him, Don King, (a criminal) was in charge. Tyson is a sad figure nowadays, a bit like Sonny Liston, used and abused.
Fury will Batter Joshua, i very much doubt if Joshua will have the bottle for it. Fury is a gypsyfighter, a throwback to the days of unlicensed fighters like Lenny Mclean and Roy Shaw. OK he has been taken under the wing of the legitimate side of the sport, but really he is what he is, a seriously hard gypsy fighter, who learnt his trade in the world of unlicensed boxing, on the cobbles and in the murky world of winner take all seriously violent illegal fighting.

Oh and Trevor Berbick.

Apart from an old washed up Holmes I donā€™t agree any of those were ā€˜greatā€™ bazza. Decent maybe but far from great. Just my opinion of course but doubt theyā€™d be on many peoples list of great heavyweights. Also bonecrusher smith and james tillis took him the distance if memory serves me correctly.

2 Likes

I think they may have done, proves it was tough, Iā€™m not too sure what youā€™re trying to say? Ali fanboy? Tyson would have walked through him.

Iā€™m saying itā€™s hard to know how great tyson was as he didnt fight anyone else great.
Definitely a proud Ali fan boy. Ali was too much for Tyson.

1 Like

Look, Barry only knows about two boxers mainly. Mike Tyson, Rocky Balboa plus anyone else they fought.

Heā€™s a real expert on Spider Rico, for example.

2 Likes

Look, Pap is an absolute bellend.

True, but I do it in style.

Anyways, enough with your what-aboutery, Bazza.

Whenā€™s Clubber Lang coming back? How about Thunderlips?

Rumour has it youā€™ve heard of Barry McGuigan as well, but you believe heā€™s a breakfast cereal mascot. Is this true?

Tyson didnā€™t fight anyone great? He demolished who was put in front on him for a while, thats why he was so popular, I didnā€™t particularly like the style but it was effective, Aliā€™s running and skipping and counter punching never interested me either.
Frazier and Foreman for me, Ali is Mayweather and Wards father in style of spoiling.
That isnā€™t boxing.

Ok. Who did he fight that was great ?

In his career or when he was at his pomp?

In his pomp.

Fury in his pomp was wearing a crown and cape

He didnā€™t fights greats, it was the manner in which he dispatched them, Spinks in 91 seconds. Tyson destroyed fighters who beat Ali.

Bazzaā€¦
He fought one fighter who beat Ali. Larry Holmes.
Ali was in no fit state to fight at this stage and it shouldnt have been allowed to happen.

Rustyā€¦
He fought Berbick and Holmes.
Before he fell from grace he was dismantling fighters, not beating them, dismantling them in a way never seen before, they may not have been greats but a lot were very very good.
Iā€™m not even a Tyson fanboy, but before he spiralled he was unstoppable and I think Tyson would have nailed Ali, Ali held and spoiled, Tyson would have got underneath him and lifted him to the moon like he did on so many others.