đŸ‡©đŸ‡Ș Who we supporting? (in the 1. Bundesliga for clarity)

I have spotted “a thing” becoming.
It appears Supporter Groups are “adopting” European based teams (OK, German Bundesliga teams) to “follow” until proper football restarts.
Matchday threads, give Bazza a new place to let it go dodgy streams, the works!
The Dubai Krew have been debating en mass all afternoon and have now been OFFICIALLY welcomed as bona fide FC Cologne Fans by their official Twitter
:lou_facepalm_2:

Anyway shall we join in? Cologne play in Red & White which helped but we could go our usual leftfield way and choose a Korean team.

Whadda think?

Was always a HSV fan
 lived i Germany when the they signed keegan
 and we all know where he went after that!

1 Like

That was our 1st thought.
They are unfortunately in BL2 so wouldn’t be on any TV coverage we could find!

2 Likes

Well being a VW man my obvious choice would be VfL Wolfsburg: https://www.vfl-wolfsburg.de/en/home/ 7th in the league so we can’t be branded “glory hunters” and far enough from the bottom feeders not to get stressed about the completion of the season.

2 Likes

Cologne for me.

Spent 3 or 4 years ‘commuting’ to Cologne every other week in another life. Love the place and the people.

And they’ve been perennial relegation candidates for the last 20+ years. So there’s that too.

Although should RB Leipzig get a look-in as one of Hutch’s ex-clubs?

1 Like

Schalke, but only because I love the word “Gelsenkirchen”. Such a lovely thing to say.

1 Like

Second tier - St Pauli

Concept is perfect, but will we be able to find their games online?
I’m not sure we could cope with Bazza’s interpretation of a German radio stream in the matchday thread?

Saw Duisberg v Bayern in mid 70’s when visiting an exceedingly good looking German girl I’d met on holiday.

They are rarely in the top flight, so in recent years, have adopted Union Berlin through a drinking buddy who has supported them for years. They won the play offs last year and are in their first Bundesliga 1 season, beating the evil Hertha and getting to mid-table.

1 Like

Someone with more tech skills/nimble fingers needs to do a poll.
Has to be B1 teams so we can find streams!₩0

Dortmund for me. Yellows yellows yellows.

1 Like

Borussia Munchengladbach for me, closest club to where Pa Tripzs was stationed when we were last in Deutschland. I don’t think Uerdingen are in the top division any more

Until I get on my laptop (or until a mod can do it) & we have a poll, I go for either Cologne

Who’s GOAT is? A Goat

Or
Ralph’s lot RB Whatever

Surely @Goatboy’s gotta vote for them?
And yes Official Koln Twitter liked the Dxb Saints badge being on theirs :grin:

1 Like

K, was this buddy a teacher or lecturer by any chance?

Indeed. A Guide Dog habitue.

Lol.

I met him once.

I was in there drinking with a mate who is a teacher and we ran into your mate who is an ex colleague of my mate (with me so far?).

Your mate (whose name escapes me) had the coolest Union Berlin top on. It wasn’t a replica top and I can’t remember what was so cool about it (pissed - me not him) but I think it had a slogan or it was a play on words or a re-brand or something but I wanted one.

Do you have any idea what I’m talking about? Do you know the top?

I don’t recall it, but Adrian (for that is he) has been to see them numerous times and does have a club scarf.

He didn’t want them to win the play off final last summer, as he thought they would get stuffed regularly. However, they have played really well and are safe from regulation.

Their first game back is against Bayern, who they nearly beat away, before xmas.

1 Like

Adrian!

Yeah, that’s him. I think I was introduced to him by his nickname. I’ll ask my mate.

I actually tried Googling for the top a couple of days after I saw him - such was the impact on me.

I was, as usual, quite pissed.

Borrusia Munchengladbach for me, although it should really be Hamburg as I have relatives there.