:labour: Where now for Labour?

Both prove the rule that you get the face you deserve at forty.

Are you 40 yet?

2 Likes

…and talking of William Hague… :grin:

Long ago.

It was rhetorical Pap.

Doesn’t rhetorical involve having rhetoric?

If it involves being over 40 and looking 60 yes.

Jess Phillips isn’t 40 yet.

“Go for the policies(or lack of) and not the looks”. From our ‘free press’? You’ll be lucky. Whoever wins the contest will get the same treatment Corbyn has received for the past 4 years. You can take that to the bank.

2 Likes

The challenge for labour has always been the perception the left of the party is out of touch or no longer relevant in this modern global
capitalist society… and the voters they need to attract from the centre just don’t buy into the left despite the recognition Of the social injustice we now face… so how to get them on board?

The party needs to stop the internal Left v centre bollocks for a start. It needs to recognise that the objective should be the solution to these social injustices… not the political rhetoric about how to achieve it… that just communicates division to the electorate.

Having said that, The Tories had their own ideological divisions, yet rather than try and compromise and present a united view, they just ditched their ‘moderates’ and went full on right wing… which sadly seems to currently appeal to many of the electorate… Labour is currently fucked - go left and they can’t win, go centrist and they can’t win as this comes with the baggage of Blairism and alienates the Left

They need another John Smith…

2 Likes

Yeah I saw that. It is like being in a playground isn’t it?

1 Like

Fuck sake peeps. You really going there?

Keep going. You’ll eventually end up banning political cartoons because of their reliance of producing gross caricatures of politicians.

In the interests of fairness and being a provocative little cunt, here is my list of all Labour runners and riders, based on appearance and/or the way they come across.

This seems necessary because few of them have any policy to speak of.

Keir Starmer
Looks like he’s just about to get nicked for a previously undetected serial murder spree. The guiltiest looking face in politics.

Rebecca Long-Bailey
Going off appearances, looks like she went on a tour to an uncharted island and was blasted with a head-shrinker ray, but they only got the middle of her face.

Clive Lewis
A God amongst men compared to Keir. Probably more likely to get stopped by the Old Bill than Starmer due to ye olde instutional racism. A bit too generic for me to actually take the piss out of.

Emily Thornberry
If someone said “please pap, could I have the personification of a political fat cat?” I would give them Emily Thornberry and put an England flag in the garden before Emily’s visit for the full hissing and sneering effect.

Jess Phillips
Looks more at home in Palpatine’s Galactic Empire than she does in human democratic society. A real shame her political career meant she was unable to star in the latest trilogy.

Lisa Nandy
Phwoar!

2 Likes

Well, on the nominations so far neither Lewis (four so far) nor Thornberry (nine so far) has enough of them to make it into the race proper. Things can change of course, but time is pretty tight.

As we’re going on appearances only here, I personally think Keir Starmer looks as if he’s just dropped one, and is hoping that he hasn’t followed through.

2 Likes

Fritzl didn’t look as guilty.

Keirkeller Starmer? :smiley:

1 Like

It’s a shame that Angela Rayner isn’t standing for leader. I suspect her candidacy would tempt you to rejoin the party - that way you’d get a vote and would be able to give it to her.

The position of Deputy Leader confers a lot of free time, if you count up all the extra hours Tom Watson had to shit on his own party.

That can be voted on too.

So you’d be able to give her one in any case then?

Less so if she were leader of Her Majesty’s Opposition, I think.

Things have turned out for the best.

Rest of the forum - sorry if you don’t have a scooby, but it’s easily explained.

I have power over all ginger women.

1 Like

The hots for all northern ones, more like.