What is the reason for not sacking Pellegrino?

why

Are we going to be another Franchise club?

Would this mans win/lose record be allowed to keep his job in any other League club?

I don’t know Barry. What do the Chinese say?

They’d try and flog you some blag ovaltine and slippers I know that much.

Either:-

1. Blind stupidity

2. Negligence

3. Accpetance of relegation so no point

4. Don’t want to make a pay off

Take your pick, none of them make it any better.

Barry, why are you not upvoting this! I did it for you!

If Southampton were a sandwich it be beef paste or at a push a cheese and tomato…

Or it simply could just be that the Board believe in him and have made a decision to stand by him? The fans are the first to point fingers when players and managers jump ship for bigger and better clubs. Showing loyalty nowdays is unusual, but perhaps the club should get some credit for doing so.

Of course, if we never win another match under Mauricio you have to wonder why they have been so loyal, but still…

2 Likes

You missed deliberate.by the board

Get relegated undermine shareholder value pick up club from Admin make 200 mil profit in 6 years.

That would come under 1 or 2 in my book based on the evidence so far!

Given the way the club has been run over the last 7 years I dont think the people running it are either negligent or stupid. I also dont think that they would worry about the pay off should they decide that the time is up. It didnt bother them with Puel. I think they either really belive in him to turn things round, and if so I hope their faith is rewarded, or their other options are not available so it is stick with what we have until they are. I am not saying that MP is the man, but at some point soon I’d like us to have a manager who stays around for more than 5 minutes and builds something substantial.

It’s an interesting experiment! Is there much data for a Prem League manager getting consistently shit results for the first 6 months at a club, and not getting sacked.

I mean Moyes last year I suppose, but that ended badly. Any examples of a manager Turning It Round?

You said its a results vusines the other day, so by that he should be sacked? Or is it not a results business?

haha Bear… I will bite… why that old red nosed Scot Alex (Alec in Channon household) Ferguson of course… although they never flirted with relegation

1 Like

I am going to google on that cos I suspect you’re trying to pull your cock over my eyes in some way! Stand by!

1 Like

i’d say we’re pretty much past the flirting and balls deep at the mo, pretty soon we’ll be at the stage where it’s impossible to withdraw.

1 Like

Ferguson joined Man United in Nov 1986, when they was 21st in the league. By end of season he had them up to 11th.

Didn’t Our Lord and Saviour Lawrie Mac fuck up initially and then turn it around? Or am I misremembering?

1 Like

Yes. Got us relegated in first season by all accounts.

2 Likes

I’m quite excited by this metaphor.

2 Likes