šŸ—¼ What have we got to rival the Spinnaker Tower?

Iā€™m sure I read in the DE that the two new cargo cranes in the western docks are going to be higher than the Spinnaker tower.

Not sure they will bring in the tourists thoughā€¦but more of an attraction than a night on the town in Derby

1 Like

Stick blue lights on top to send TSW into meltdown

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t be so sure mate

1 Like

A couple of large cranes will send Sotonians into fantasy land.

This is a City thatā€™s wants an ice rink but has been given an extra lump of it in their drink, even the low aspiration of flat frozen water gets rejected, what next local punters ask for slide in park only to be put on hold and a museum of a sunken ship, hold onā€¦

1 Like

Those ISIS boys use their cranes imaginatively. Some people just need to open their minds.

Jeezā€¦have you read them? I know Baz will defend them to the hilt, but ā€œcafĆ© cultureā€ and ā€œretail therapyā€ in the top 10? Even Southampton can give them a run for their moneyā€¦maybe. Probably not.

1 Like

I couldnā€™t care for Derby in the slightest, its ok, and that ok is better than Southamptonā€™s night out, weā€™re being diverted to a comparison event between Derby and Southamptonā€™s night out which wouldnā€™t worry anyone but there is a winner and it isnā€™t Southampton, this concerns the massive lack of ambition on the councils part, where has the cruise money gone? What keeps the tourist in the City spending money? What are the plans for the future to enhance tourism?

In short its shit, no conference centre, no ambition to really create a public waterfront, ice rink etc etc just retail space for generic shops and restaurants and rabbit hutch apartments (I hate that word apartment its a fucking flat), no stand out public buildings or plans to build them, no great plans to enhance public transport within the City which is shite.

Southampton - Its shite

Iā€™ve written to Caroline Nokes, Alan Whitehead and Royston Smith and they have assured me they are looking into my monorail suggestion very very seriously.

3 Likes

Trams? Urban metro train system? Northam station open along with the line?

The mpā€™s are low ambitioned shite.

Didnā€™t you manage to slip in a request for an ice rink as well?

1 Like

All MPā€™s over the last 20 years have stopped acknowledging my requests for an ice rink, even the ones I wrote in my own blood and faeces :lou_angry:

3 Likes

Its a place that nothing happens I know that, it should be a cool place but its gash.

Iā€™m still chuckling a Taco Bell opening makes a paper, haute cuisine indeed. what next a full page spread at Nandoā€™s getting an extensionā€¦

SeeSouthampton ā€@ SeeSouthampton 16h16 hours ago

Taco Bell now open in # Southampton.

Looks a nice place to goā€¦bet Derby are really jealous.

Does it sell beer?

Originally posted by @PhilippineSaint

Does it sell beer?

Nope just Cerveza. :lou_sad:

1 Like

Thereā€™ll be queues a mile long and tubby people poorly dressed will think Christmas has come early, Merry Oak and Millbrook will have a 24 hour party for thisā€¦

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Thereā€™ll be queues a mile long and tubby people poorly dressed will think Christmas has come early, Merry Oak and Millbrook will have a 24 hour party for thisā€¦

Thatā€™s the spirit Bazza

Thereā€™ll be people going out for a meal in their shiny trousers and shoes so pointy theyā€™ll have your eye if youā€™re not careful.