🔭🌟 What did the Hubble telescope see on your birthday?

I saw this on hot UK deals website. It’s pretty cool.

https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/what-did-hubble-see-on-your-birthday

This is mine…

This image shows the inner region of Abel 1689, an immense cutler of galaxies located 2 2 billion light years away.

2 Likes

1 Like

alienpoo

9 Likes

Apparently Hubble was looking up my butt for polyps.

1 Like

My poor search history :frowning:

What is it?

It’s that smelly bit at the top of his legs.

4 Images of Mars during it’s rotation.

1 Like

5 Likes

The opening credits of one of the post TNG Star Trek shows

Comet Siding Spring…
Well, that wasted 10 minutes

1 Like

This Hubble Space Telescope image shows Supernova 1987A within the Large Magellanic Cloud, a neighboring galaxy to our Milky Way.

Distant stars serve as a backdrop for Supernova 1987A, located in the center of the image. The bright ring around the central region of the exploded star is composed of material ejected by the star about 20,000 years before its demise. Gaseous clouds surround the supernova. The clouds’ red color represents the glow of hydrogen gas, which is fueling a firestorm of star birth.
Here’s what it was looking at on my birthday in 2017. It normally has a quiet kip in January, as the days are short, but that year it woke up for a bit.

Supernova 1987A was discovered in 1987, and Hubble began observing the exploded star in the early 1990s. This latest view was taken by Hubble’s Wide Field Camera 3 in January 2017. The colors of the foreground and background stars were added from observations taken by Hubble’s Wide Field Planetary Camera 2.

Supernova 1987A resides 163,000 light-years away.

2 Likes

Abel cluster 2744, apparently…

1 Like

Do you and Fatso have the same birthday :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Mars showing it’s crack.

1 Like

1 Like

Hubble? I’d be more concerned about who is watching us…

Unknown

1 Like

1 Like

Snap

1 Like

Galaxy NGC 300

NGC 300 is a spiral galaxy similar to our own Milky Way galaxy. Some of the bright blue specks in this image are young, massive stars called blue supergiants, and they are among the brightest stars seen in spiral galaxies.

1 Like

Here’s @lifeintheslowlane’s

Ab initio

8 Likes