🔭🌟 What did the Hubble telescope see on your birthday?

I thought you’d have sussed by now that we’re the same person. God knows, it was obvious enough… :smile:

On November 16 in 2016

Galaxy NGC 1052-DF2

This galaxy, NGC 1052-DF2, is so diffuse we can see right through it to view more distant galaxies located behind it. The unusual galaxy is also missing most, if not all, of its dark matter.

1 Like

OK ill stop messing about and take it seriously

17 November in 2005…

On November 17 in 2005

V838 Monocerotis Light Echo

This image captures a light echo from the star V838 Monocerotis. After the star brightened temporarily, light from that eruption began propagating outward through a dusty cloud around the star. The light reflects or “echoes” off the dust and then travels to Earth.

I think I win as this looks like the backdrop to teh posters for 1980s Buck Rodgers (ooh Wilma Geering…)

1 Like

You’re winning, @Fowllyd in second place.

2 Likes

The Lagoon Nebula. The entire nebula is an incredible 55 light-years wide and 20 light-years tall. This image shows only a small part of this turbulent star-formation region, which lies about 4,000 light-years away. This image, made by Hubble in 2018, shows a region full of intense activity, with fierce winds from hot stars, swirling chimneys of gas, and energetic star formation, embedded within a hazy labyrinth of gas and dust.

8 Likes

New first place. That is very cool.

1. Litsl
  2. MoT
  3. Fffwwlydf

Bastard… not only does he take good pics, teh photo gods grant him this as well??? FFS…

4 Likes

7th August 1967 …

2 Likes

I think you’re being too hard on yourself…that doesn’t look like Uranus at all…I’ve been told. :lou_lol:

I like Nebulas. Always a great place to hide your StarcShip.

FFS Stop finding depressing threads. Movies I have no idea about, Egg hunts on fonts I cant read & a Hubble game where I see a Comets arse & others see Galaxies & Nebulas.
Cvmts