šŸŽµ What are you listening to etc

With you on that Mangobean. Iā€™ve enjoyed hearing them on there. Never known too much of Sparks, but as the TSW posse may know, Iā€™m a pretty big Franz fan.

It sounds like itā€™s a collaboration thatā€™s been on the cards for a while now. Defintely works though. Elements of both, without being overly similar to either.

1 Like

My only real knowledge of Sparks was their 1974 number two song (thatā€™s chart position, not that it was crap) ā€˜This Town Ainā€™t Big Enough for Both of Usā€™, although I was only two when it peaked in the chart.

Very happy to be listening to this.

1 Like

<3 Hawley.

Dude needs to hurry up back in my life with some new stuff, and more importantly some live dates.

I agree, He has been too quiet of late.

Elbow are crushingly dull and shit. There, I said it.

2 Likes

I generally agree. That said, I did see them at iTunes Festival last year - I rarely turn down a free gig - and kind of enjoyed it. Guy Garvey is a pretty engaging, and likable chap. Loves a point as well. Heā€™s just constantly pointing at things.

1 Like

I want to like Richard Hawley but find him repetitive and dull. Soz.

Originally posted by @Goatboy

I want to like Richard Hawley but find him repetitive and dull. Soz.

Reported.

I thought we were on to something beautiful Goats :slight_frown:

Iā€™m not even trying to like him. I couldnā€™t care less about Richard Hawley.

Iā€™m listening to some Finance twat prattle on to me becuase webutil isnā€™t fricking workingā€¦

1 Like

I found the same with Travis and Keane. Plenty of friends used to like them, but I really didnā€™t get why they were so popular, as to me they sounded no better than the farts that come out of my dogs arse.

1 Like

Yeah, hard to disagree with that NB.

Had the *pleasure of seeing them at V (look alright, I went for the day to see the Stone Roses headline) a few years back. Genuinely slept through 90% of the set.

Sadly, I was awake for all of example.

Sleepy Sun - Lord

This song isnā€™t quite representative of all their output - pretty gorgeous though. If you like psychedelia you should give their debut album a listen.

Iā€™m having a Paddy McAloon day todayā€¦just about the best British songwriter of the last 40 years IMOā€¦Jordan The Comeback simply magical, in my top 5 of all time. The man is incapablle of a bad move for meā€¦some stuff is cheesy but I like a good blubb every now and again.

I missed out on ā€œThe Gunman & Other Storiesā€ when it came out in 2002 but Iā€™m catching up.

This is ā€œThe Gunmanā€ Paddy at his cinematic best:

2 Likes

Yeah, I like that 'slowlane.

I must admit that Iā€™d shelved him in folder marked Prefab Sprout. But their later work sounds worthy of further exploration.

Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Just discovered these guys - great sound!

3 Likes

I do like a man with a big old semi.

3 Likes

LCD <3 :frowning:

1 Like

Also, nice Lou! I went and saw them a few months ago with some friends from work. Didnā€™t really know them before, but you know me, always up for a gig. Was really good fun.