šŸŽµ What are you listening to etc

Me likee JD McPherson tooā€¦Thanks Lou :smile:

Hey KRG whereā€™s the Sufjan gig reviewā€¦an epiphany or just a good gig?

Ah yeah, I never quite got round to that. Basically 'slowlane tā€™was fecking immense. Intense, emotionally charged, but wonderful. Even for a Sufjan newb like myself, it was thoroughly enjoyable. Our group was torn on him, he didnā€™t say a word for the first 30/45 mins then started talking quite a bit about some abstract stuff. I quite enjoyed it, the others could do without it. Thereā€™s such a diverse mix of obvious influences, nods and references going on from Buckley to Floyd, yet itā€™s a really unique sound all on itā€™s own. Blue Bucket of Gold was my favourite, truly stunning. Hope thatā€™s better dude :slight_smile:

This is also getting a good airing on 6music at the moment, which Iā€™m enjoying a lot.

1 Like

On the recommendation of Cascadia Saint I am currently listening to The Decemberists and thoroughly enjoying too!

2 Likes

Youā€™re just in it for the upvotes. Ya upvote-whore ya.

1 Like

Originally posted by @KRG

Youā€™re just in it for the upvotes. Ya upvote-whore ya.

LOL! I have been trying to work out what it reminds me of and I have just realised itā€™s an old Lilac Time album. Well worth a listen for anyone who thinks Stephen Tun-Tin Duffy is just about ā€˜Kiss Meā€™ and writing hits for Robbie Williams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX41eLNFSmA

Thanks for the review KRGā€¦like I said before I hesitate to recommend Sufjan because itā€™s often a ā€œwhatā€™s all the fuss aboutā€¦I donā€™t get itā€ reaction as with some of your group.

BTW I gave you an ā€œUp Voteā€ā€¦but Iā€™ve also given everyone else an ā€œUp Voteā€ in this thread so everyone, please reciprocate. :laughing:

2 Likes

Sorry, I may have worded that poorly. Everyone really enjoyed the gig, they just wernt too sure on him when he started talking between the songs.

Like me, most of us had only heard a little bit of him previously. But had heard enough positive to go, and it also coincided with the Vivid festival in Sydney and was at the Opera House - all that seemed reason enough to check it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Understood :smile:

Just managed to get tickets for them at Koko tomorrow. (y)

No way!! Iā€™m tempted, might need to rejig something. I work opposite - quick beer beforehand?

If you are quick in finding out, I might be able to get a +1. Save you buying a ticket. Let me know.

Fixed! Let me know about the +1. If not, Iā€™ll buy ticket asap. Thanks KRG, would never have spotted that gig!

+1 sorted.

1 Like

Mostly the new Rolo Tomassi album.

Shoegaze-y, post rocky-y, mathcore brilliance. Some of the most beautiful, haunting, ethereal (and then BOOM , downright crushing) music Iā€™ve ever heard. This trackā€™s a particular highlight:

Originally posted by @KRG

+1 sorted.

Should be funā€¦full report please :wink: I bought the album after Lou posted that clipā€¦itā€™s in the car on an SD card :smile:

1 Like

Fucking yes!!!

2 Likes

MUSE - Drones. Great album, but saw them live again on Saturday and they never fail to blow me away!

Not usually a huge fan of Foals, but this track is pretty darn decent.