šŸŽµ What are you listening to etc

Second halfā€™s not bad eitherā€¦

Even about halfway through when the drummer canā€™t work out how to start Move On Up.

Itā€™s Curtis Mayfield, btw. Not sure why the YouTube windows arenā€™t saying as much.

1 Like

Both refuse to play. Iā€™m rather disappointed to say the least. Trust your choice and Curtis is a bit special.
YouTube needs to be run far better than it is currently. Do you think you could find the time?

Iā€™m sorry man, dunno whatā€™s happened there. I got there via this blog post: https://doomandgloomfromthetomb.tumblr.com/post/183426461962/curtis-mayfield-beat-club-bremen-west-germany

Link is under the big pic.

Youā€™re a beautiful person for trying to help, but that link really made it hard for me to opt out of giving away my personal info for profit(they will never share this with me. Dumb me, thought it was mine) so i gave up.
I trust your taste and the genius of Curtis enough to spend the 30 seconds or so itā€™ll take to find it. Wonā€™t take long, the clue is is in the link :grin:

If this is wrong, i really am an idiot.
Any good female voices you know would also be appreciated(donā€™t care about the genre, but power/clarity or just something unique).
EDIT: This doesnā€™t play here either, so i have to admit that i am indeed an idiot(some of you probably knew that already).

Thatā€™s the link. Dunno why itā€™s been such a ballache, but weā€™ve got there :grinning:

I donā€™t know what youā€™re into, but if you want a strong clear female voice then Little Simz is making the most amazing hip hop Iā€™ve heard in ages:

Sheā€™s interesting, but not my thing.I like a singing voice, particularly a powerful one.
How to describe what i like? Iā€™ll start at the extreme(maybe unbelievable) Mariah Carey could have been a bigger star(whatever that really means) than pedophile Jackson, but spent a career making dross with a few high notes, that no one else could do.
Thatā€™s how high i rate a good female voice(no man comes in the top 10).
Anyone that can play a note like Carey, Merchant, Oā€™Connor is worth paying attention to, or how about something as simple as this.

A certain kind of voice, sometimes just makes everything else fit together. If i find that, i"m very happy.

Saw Curtis in 1967ā€¦in Southampton.

ā€œThe Impressionsā€ played The Mecca Ballroom on The Royal Pier. All I remember was Curtisā€¦fuckinā€™ glorious. :lou_lol:

2 Likes

And Barry wont be seeing her at Glastonbury;)

Gladys knight.

ALBUM OUT NOW. May be up your alley @Saint-or-sinner as reminds me of Sinead Oā€™Connor.

Downloaded it and it started with this.

I shall have a listen to it all before deciding :grin:
Also need to go back and find the name of the one @dinger recommended when i was very drunk.

1 Like

Yeah, that interests me. I shall go back to the album and see what she comes up with.
Cheers

1 Like

Iā€™m loving the album.

Right, have downloaded everything her and Little Simz have done. Thatā€™s my music for the weekend sorted.
Up to Angels so far and liking it quite a lot.

Saved this to my favourites early last yearā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m quite a long way behind you trendy youngsters :wink:

1 Like

If I hear something that catches my ear on the radioā€¦I go looking. :slight_smile: