:westhamfc: West Ham v Saints :saints: (PL)

Well the wireless didn’t say that, they said it was a performance likened to the Mark Hughes era, we were only good for 10 minutes after the second half and offered nothing in the first.
Lets see what Hassenhutl and the pro’s say.

The referee had a shocker I thought.

To disallow Elyounoussi’s first goal was harsh, but to disallow all four of his efforts was just fucking ridiculous.

Made my prediction look rather silly in the end…

2 Likes

Beers were good

It’s been fascinating reading barry’s rehash of a radio commentary but I have shit to do. Off to see Sleaford Mods at the Engine rooms this evening. I suppose I could just get someone to describe the set to me and blindly agree with their opinion on its merits but , call me old fashioned, I’d rather make my own mind up. Laters.

2 Likes

Why have the wireless? Its a wasted medium as you can’t trust it…

Just had an 80p vodka shot at a dive bar at Boronowice Male tram station so I could have a wee.
Most entertaining part of the afternoon

1 Like

It’s like…

You go to see a live performance of the Russ Abbot Show (with Bella Emberg) and you love it.

Oh, how you laughed!

You drive home in your Allegro and wake up the next morning to read that the Entertainment Editor of the Telegraph hated it.

What do you do - believe your own eyes and ears or some twat that has a different opinion?

Well, I neither saw that game nor listened to it on the radio. But one thing I do know is that if you play four at the back, and Stephens is one of your central defenders, you’re going to concede some goals. The last couple of matches have shown very clearly how much we miss Yoshida and Vestergaard.

Bednarek is good and getting better all the time, but he can’t do it all himself.

1 Like

I think you’ve gone a bit far there, Bletch. Allegro indeed - that’s just plain insulting. Everyone knows Barry’s a Hillman Avenger man.

5 Likes

Many think that was one of our if not the worst performance of the season bar the punters on here, strange.

As you are fond of saying, it’s a game of opinions. Which you would have if you’d bothered to watch.

I have seen the highlights and we we’re shit, Ralf said as much, care to reconsider your verdict?

We were shit in the first half. Much better in the second until they scored a second against the run of play. Overall a disappointing final away game. Would love to hear your opinion on the commentary.

2 Likes

I think I said what you’ve just written yesterday apart from we were good for the first 10 minutes as opposed to until their second, 13 minutes, not too bad now I suppose.

But
You didn’t watch it.

1 Like

I listened to it and the commentators opinion and then watched the lowlights, we were lethargic, slow, uninterested and lacking, as the commentators said and that was refuted on here.

I think everyone on here agreed with that with regard to the first half.

I have truly never cared less about a Saints result as I did yesterday.

The important part was staying in the division which we achieved the week before. Despite the fact that we had 9 points when Ralph took over and Brighton has 26 or 27. Now we are two points clear of them. That is some fucking effort.

I liken that performance to leaving work and going on holiday. Stay with me here… so many times over the years I’ve been so busy and stressed at work in the run up to a holiday, trying to get shit sorted before going away, that by the time I’ve lay down on a sun lounger I get ill. The moment you allow yourself (and your immune system) to relax, you succumb to a cold etc because of how run down you are. Essentially Saints had put in such a huge effort over the last weeks and months that the moment we had achieved safety, the foot comes off the gas (summed up by Valery’s god awful pass for the first goal) and the performance levels drop. Naturally. The result is represented by the illness in my analogy. Add to that the inclusion of fringe players in to the team, it was always likely to be a difficult game.

But who cares? We got the job done and Ralph now knows (I imagine he did before though) who he can count on for next season and who he can happily jog on, assuming there are any takers.

Reasons to be cheerful, Baz.

10 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Bazza shouts at a cloud shaped like Chairman Gao

Wanted to keep the discussion about the club away from the match day thread.

1 Like