Bump

Title no. 6

5 Likes

And not in the fastest car(again).
That’s a rare achievement in F1

1 Like

Nice analysis

1 Like

And now he is level with Michael Schumacher with 91 grand prix victories.

He polarises opinion no end but you can’t doubt his driving skills…

1 Like

Thanks to that Netflix fly on wall documentary and Covid boredom, I’ve actually watched all the races this year having seen only the 1st Bahrain GP for 30 odd years.
Found it more interesting than I remember.
So yes, well done Lewis.
And I know he polarised but English fans loved Coulthard & Mansell who were also Monaco residents.

Stunning drive by Lewis Hamilton to win a crazy Grand Prix.
Outstanding performance to win his 7th Championship.
You dont have to like him but you HAVE to admire his skill.
Outstanding.

Sorry @Polski_Filip thought I’d move this to a more appropriate place, like you say, consummate drive by Lewis today in difficult driving conditions, take what happened to Bottas for example.

Can easily see him going on to win his 8th title next season… with Red Bull :+1:t2::rofl:

1 Like

He certainly rates as one of our best sportsmen of this generation.
Botthas has the same technology and showed today there is more to the sport than that.

I fell back into F1 thanks to Covid/lockdown but mainly thanks to the Netflix documentary series.

Watching each GP when they dont clash with Saints games.

Records are made to be broken but to be at the top so long and that experience & judgement showed up big time today.

Interesting read, if a bit long and waffly :-

Why is everyone talking about Lewis Hamilton for sports personality of the year when there’s a proper warrior going through the battle of his life, Rob Burrow has accepted his condition with dignity and is making every single day count with his wife and family, he’s lost his voice now but he still manages to smile through this terrible time, I’m sorry but Hamilton isn’t even in the same league as Rob Burrow for being humble, showing strength and holding his head up high with dignity…

1 Like

He has retired. That takes him out of the criteria which is performance on a Sports Arena - the same reason Rashford (the obvious hero this year) cannot win it.
However for what he has done, like Rashford he should be up for a special award such as the Helen Rollason Award

2 Likes

He drives a car for a living ffs…

:wink:

1 Like

As did Stirling Moss, Graham Hill, & Jackie Stewart who were all revered and achieved far less than Lewis in their careers

Glorified taxi drivers

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Look I am a female, I object to spoilt brats with no personality being treated like they are something special, so there

2 Likes

Tell me honestly, did I used to be married to you? :thinking::thinking:

4 Likes

That is for me to know and you to worry about

4 Likes

I’m not worried. You can’t be her…

3 Likes

Hear hear. He’ll be telling us next that golf is a sport, not a game! Takes cover!!

1 Like

As we all know, it’s a good walk wasted…

:wink: