Welcome to our newest members

The boiler room one is trying to fight the cistern from within.

5 Likes

I would sprinkle a little DDT across the door threshold just in case he tries to slither under it and bother the other guests. Can’t be too careful.

Begging your pardon, Mr Philledpants sir, but I’d be more than happy to help you as much as my limited abilities allow. I shall keep my eyes open for a nice bird for you. I saw a lovely green woodpecker in the grounds just yesterday, but it would seem a little cruel to put it in captivity. Perhaps a nice budgie would suit you better?

1 Like

I dont want anything pecking my wood but a pair of budgies and I can smuggle them out, But the pelican that came with the room was very tame and had a nice wide mouth it left after the first night I have no idea why.

1 Like

What happened to that new member Leckhert / Lechterkekt or something similar, whose name / avatar took up most of the Latest Members bit below for the last couple of days? Or was it just me hallucinating?

Pap?

Originally posted by @cobham-saint

What happened to that new member Leckhert / Lechterkekt or something similar, whose name / avatar took up most of the Latest Members bit below for the last couple of days? Or was it just me hallucinating?

Pap?

He was a wrong’un.

As papster has mentioned before, he will reach out to posters that have dodgy email addresses to make sure they aren’t spammers or bots. This process takes a few days so you’ll see new users appear for a while and then be mass-culled when papster can be bothered to get off his arse.

What was interesting about the poster you’re talking about - LichertKek is that they had gone to the trouble of changing their avatar, but the image they uploaded didn’t work. That’s why you saw their name in the latest members’ list as opposed to their avatar.

It’s funny you should mention that, Mr Philadelphia Light sir, but I do recall seeing a pelican in Mr Bletch’s chambers on one occasion. He told me he called it Linda, after a film star who was very famous back when Mr Bletch was in his fifties. I think her name was Linda Lovejuice or something like that.

I’m not really a film buff myself, and I never go to the cinema. Miss Louise did take me to see a film a few years ago - it was called Finding Nemo I think. It was so scary that I had to leave before the end though.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @cobham-saint

Pap?

All the signups here are manual. Generally, usernames with a form EnglishnameThing are someone signing up to spam. Their email addresses usually confirm it.

I know that other Saints sites don’t generally do the pruning we do. This means that although our member count may be small, it is at least honest :lou_sunglasses:

Originally posted by @saintbletch

What was interesting about the poster you’re talking about - LichertKek is that they had gone to the trouble of changing their avatar, but the image they uploaded didn’t work. That’s why you saw their name in the latest members’ list as opposed to their avatar.

I am trying to use this technique to make “Bearsy Has A Massive Wiener” appear as text in the “Members” list, but it says my account needs approval first pls

Yeah, that’s not getting approved, Bear.

It’ll just be disregarded, laughed at and shrink back into nothingness.

Just like your “massive weiner”.

Oh Mr Sub Under Butler Sir can I have some more straw for my pallet please, the other residents of my room seem to have made some sort of mini Rattus Rattus Bordello out of my current bedding material. Mind you I had to take it from them first, the little buggers are viscious when cornered as the lacerations on my emaciated body can testify.

Also Sir, and I don’t mean to complain really but there seems to be some crystalline like stuff under my door, I must say sir the effect when I inhaled was not that pleasant. As this is my sole air supply could you find it in your kind heart to maybe get one of the chamermaids to come and clear it up. I promise not to talk to them this time, I don’t want another one leaving, I miss @LouLouMySweet

And pelase can you pass my concerns on to Mr Beltch, the screams coming from the room next door last night sounded a bit ominous and I wonder if his pet horse is OK?

4 Likes

Small members?

Speak for yourself!

:lou_wink:

Originally posted by @BTripz

And pelase can you pass my concerns on to Mr Beltch, the screams coming from the room next door last night sounded a bit ominous and I wonder if his pet horse is OK?

Mr. Under Butler Bletch doesn’t have a horse…I believe it’s a pet Goat.

4 Likes

Lordy, Mr BearTrapz sir, I wish I were allowed to keep a pet in my humble room. Moths aren’t quite the same. And it sounds as if yo uhave a number of little furry friends to keep you company too! I’m so happy to hear that your room move is working out so well for you, I really am. I’ve found some very nice bedding for your pallet - it’s called fibre-glass matting and mr Bletch says it will be perfect for you.

Mr Bletch was very interested when I told him about the powdery stuff outside your room, said he’d be straight down to clear it all up, grabbed a £50 note from his roll and fairly raced out of the room. I’ve never seen him do such a thing, so I was really quite flummoxed. Anyway, when he came back he looked quite terrible - his face was grey (greyer than it normally is) and looked like putty, his eyes were wild and I think he may have had a bit of a nosebleed too. “Oh, Mr Bletch! Whatever has happened?” I exclaimed. “Harpic, fucking Harpic!” was all he would say, and I really don’t know what he meant. so I feel even more flummoxed now than I did before.

Mr Bletch also said he doesn’t have a horse, but he did mutter something about Mr SO5 4BW “having far too much fun with that fucking pig”. I really didn’t know what he meant at all - I think he must have been doing those difficult crosswords again, because they’re full of strange things like that.

3 Likes

Shame that this thread has been neglected as it helped create a close knit community in the early days before all the shit.

welcome to SNSUN of SWF fame. Am I right in remembering SNSUN as a train driver?

10 Likes

Yeah, welcome, and sorry about all the linking shit and the font.

4 Likes

Ah, the early days, when people would confidently predict that the place would never get any edge.

Turns out all we needed was Jeremy Corbyn (and his dirty digits), Brexit and @fatso to forget the fact he got the tag “Lone Wolf” because he was one of the few people in those brightly lit early days to maul his fellow posters.

I am glad we got over that hump!

Welcome @snsun and @ozzmeister . Good to see you both over here.

5 Likes

Ah, when the @saintbletch , @fowllyd and @coxford_lou actually did their jobs and welcomed people to the forum.

Now all you get is a tent in the front graden and a spade to hide your ablutions.

That be progress I tell ya

Having a room on the first floor with a view of the Doric Pavillion and ornamental lake I thought I’d just put it out there that I am prepared to sub-let to established members.

Sorry, no wankers.