Welcome to our newest members

No wonder the site was crashing all day. Tory malware.

5 Likes

Hoorah for Trousers!!

4 Likes

Ahh, the return of the Groundhog Day photo. it’s like a pair of comfortable slippers

1 Like

9 Likes

The arrival of trousers has been almost biblical.

1 Like

It’s like slipping your arms into the silk-lined sleeves of an old overcoat on the first day of inclement, autumnal weather.

You haven’t seen if for a while, but it just feels right.

Except, of course, none of my overcoats has ever argued for small government and benefit cuts.

Anyway up, welcome Lord trousers!

P.S. You’ve got 24 hours to change that emoticon or papsweb will find itself hacked by persons unknown.

3 Likes

Trousers, I’m going to take you down.

That avatar has to go. You can borrow mine in the meantime (avatar, I mean).

Leave @Trousers avatar alone, it’s about time we had some balance on this site, we seem to have a glut of left wing tree huggers on here…

1 Like

Big Bad Bob, you’ve received an infraction.

3 Likes

trousers, can you guess who he is yet?

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Eek!! I always suspected that Trousers was from “her” spawn

4 Likes

Oooh! We have Trousers now!! Awesome!!! We have really needed Trousers here since the site got legs.

4 Likes

Apart from all the posters on here…trousers is my fav poster :cool:

coz i luvvvved Maggie tooooo :kiss: something about the way she swirled her handbag around those dirty old men in her cabinet :slight_frown:

Begging your pardon, Mr Trousers, but I’d just like to add my own welcome. I’ve heard you’re a real legend in another place, so I’m sure it will be wonderful to have you here.

If you need anything at all, Mr Trousers, please don’t be afraid to ask. Miss Louise is always very helpful and obliging, or at least that’s what I’ve been told by a lot of the guests. I’m always happy to help too, though I’ve been away for a while keeping Mr Bletch company while he worked really really hard on some top secret things. He said he needed somebody to bounce ideas off - I had to be blindfolded, of course, as wouldn’t have been right for me to see anything that might harm me. Mr Bletch is as brave as he is kind, shielding me from all those things while he had to look at them himself. Anyway, most of the ideas he bounced off me felt a lot like a cricket ball, but then it is summer, I suppose. I do sometimes wish he preferred tennis though.

Oh dear, I seem to have rambled on a bit. Sorry about that Mr Trousers - I’m sure you’ll get used to us and our funny ways after a while.

4 Likes

My previous post didn’t seem welcoming enough…Welcome Trousers!!! I’m very excited to see you here!

Now, get busy, and don’t dissapoint us.

1 Like

Now we have trousers in the house, do we need The Terminator’s hyperactive little brother, Optimus Trousers?

Now that bletch and Fowlly D have broken the seal of trousers’ arrival, I’d like to say a few words. First, to my butlers, while I appreciate the excitement of landing a pair of trousers (I include Optimus in this count), we have actually had two other members sign up, unintroduced, and probably feeling unloved right now. This situation cannot be allowed to continue. We Are Nice ™, and it’s not like you’ve had much to do these past few weeks!

That unpleasantness out of the way, I can now spend some time dedicated to our leg-garment inspired new poster. Trousers is a Tory. That much should be obvious from his avatar. I don’t particularly like Tories. That should be obvious from my posts. That said, I like trousers. Can’t help it. He’s just not as much of a cunt as some of them, and I find that endearing.

Trousers’ role on The Other Place, oddly enough for a self-proclaiming Tory, was to be a heartbeat. To keep things ticking over. Rarely setting an agenda, but nearly always ensuring that the work of others is respected, challenged or augmented. Welcome to Sotonians, trousers. I don’t give a fuck who you vote for.

5 Likes

Dearest guests, honoured visiting dignitaries, and piss-stained malingerers of the first-floor communing room, I ask you, bid (cautious) welcome to:

The Anal One.

Why my word of warning?

Well, you may or may not be aware, but His papship hired a private detective to vet new visitors to his house.

You will, I’m sure, have seen new members pop up on the member list, only to have their ones and zeroes scattered hither and yon by His papships C# Light Sabre.

I’m not entirely enamoured of the process, as I find all that sort of thing a little shady. However, I have to inform you that using these methods we have found a charlatan in our midst *.

The Anal One , or, anal1 as he is trying to pass himself off as, is, according to His papship’s private detective, a well-known…well there really is no other way to put this than to use that evil term…Buggerer.

anal1 is a buggerer.

There, I said it.

Now, I should point out that neither His papship nor I have a problem with buggery, we are both sphincterly philosophical in this regard.

In fact that poor man’s excuse for a buttlering understudy, Fowllyd, positively supports both of us in this position.

What does pose His papship a problem, however, is when a member who is a well-known buggerer, registers with a self-incriminating name like The Anal One, but then posts this in what was presumably some sort of elaborate ruse to put us off his, um, scent:

Originally posted by @anal1—The-Anal-One—Buggerery-by-name,-buggery-by-nature

This kind of dirty talk is why I joined. I don’t have a strong opinon about Big Data/Mogo style stuff, largely coz I’ve not worked with it and only have a tangential understanding of it, whilst being able to bullshit about RDBMS almost as well as B + BBB.

At my place, devs are king and every database is like an XML instance with hundreds of tables. They’ve chewed up 4 passionate data architects who’ve tried to get some rigor and design into the situation so people can know what the frick is going on in the company easily. But whatever, we’ll stick with 50 people producing 100 reports from 200 data extracts giving 500 different results. Whatever.

You see dearest guests, anal1 is trying to convince you that the anal part of is soubriquet is the first few letters of his job title. Namely that he is an anal yst.

Two words for you. Just two words. As if.

So, I ask you give cautious welcome to this ‘man’, and if he asks you about your thoughts on uphill gardening, decide quickly whether you want to be pushing the wheelbarrow or being wheeled yourself.

Saintbetch - HEAD Butler at pap Palace.

* As an aside, Saintbletch thinks that midst is probably his favourite word.

3 Likes

anal1 was my nickname at school

Originally posted by @Bearsy

anal1 was my nickname at school

Wheeler or wheeled?

1 Like