Was David Bowie controlling the universe?

Some are saying that David Bowie was in control of reality and in the days since his death the whole world has seen dramatic changes and gone to shit.

While it was far from perfect before he died, as we move on and the world falls down around us it seems to be a theory with a great deal of factual support, and if it’s right, where are we now?

Anyone who tries to clumsily shoehorn Bowie titles into responses will be Downvoted, though clever subtle uses might make me quietly smile.

imgurl

Everything went downhill after the Sovereign was killed off on Venture Bros…

Personally I think that Gary Glitter is in control, which answers a few questions!

If David was omnipotent, how does that expain the Laughing Gnome or Tin Machine?

1 Like

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

Anyone who tries to clumsily shoehorn Bowie titles into responses will be Downvoted, though clever subtle uses might make me quietly smile.

The world has gone to the diamond dogs since his passing

2 Likes

I have it on good authority that DB’s favourite sweets were Heroes.

1 Like

Hmmm,looks like you’re just shoehorning songs in. You need to be more subtle, like me. Pfft, some of you people are like absolute beginners.

Yes, it’s a shame, Fats, because before it all went diamond dogs every thing was hunky dory.

1 Like

This modern love affair with dumb pun threads should be put to bed. It changes the whole tone of the site.

1 Like

Looks like my attempt crashed and burned.

Ho,hum…Ashes to Ashes…and all that.

1 Like

Nonsense Goat, you’re just Alladin Sane to think that.

2 Likes

I’m sure goatboy will changes his mind.

2 Likes

Beat you to it Fatso, or is it just the latest fashion to poorly copy others?

2 Likes

Wow, what a queen bitch. Put your claws away sweetheart.

2 Likes

Sorry RB. I can only give this thread of yours one star.

Man you’ve driven me to dig out an old Beeb TV series. It starred John Simm & Philip Glenister

What was it called again?

2 Likes

To be fair to RB, he hasn’t started a decent thread for around five years so he must be feeling under pressure to up his game.

2 Likes

Well, I think it’s a great thread and hope it brings RB the fame he deserves.

2 Likes

Meow!

I am keeping a low-ish profile on this thread. I want to see if Rallyboy attributing universe changing powers to Bowie is a ramification of Brexit.

I’m naturally willing to entertain his theory.

It might explain that rather barren period when he was fucking about with Dancing in the Street and Everyone Says Hi. He was controlling the universe during a particularly perilous period. Who can blame the man if the quality slips?

Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

1 Like