Warwickshire v Hants - Relegation battle

5 points for a draw would be pretty bloody nice too…

1 Like

It would. Unfortunately, the weather forecast for the next two days at Edgbaston is appallingly good. Hard to see this match ending as a draw unless it pisses down for at least one of those days.

Where’s @bearsy when you need him? Someone go and visit netmums and send out a call for him please :lou_lol:

I go off to the gym and…

Yes, real progress!

112-9

Fuck off :lou_angry: :lou_angry: :lou_angry:

2 Likes

116 all out.

Vince 2nd highest scorer with 16

1 Like

Did they do an On the beach special? Shocking batting in last 2 innings by supposed professionals

1 Like

76 last time and now 116 against the bottom side.

Fucking appalling.

If they get relegated it will be on merit.

5 Likes

We’ve been bollocks for years, its hardly surprising is it?

You relish it. Never seen you on the cricket thread when we do well.

2 Likes

We haven’t done well for years, how many times have we won the county championship? For a county betweeen 6-10 in size we like our football team for trophies, gash.

We have played well plenty of times but you only pop up when we play gash.

In fact, you are slipping, you haven’t even been on here for previous gash performances.

3 Likes

Barry is just demonstrating his ongoing support for Hampshire in his traditional manner.

He is the 5th emergency service, you don’t notice him in the good times but worry not - he’ll be there when things go wrong.

His average response time to any sporting disaster is 90 seconds.

4 Likes

This is actually the first time I have seen Baz on one of the cricketing threads I may be wrong he could have been here before.

But he is just trying to wind the faithful Hampshire Hogs up.

Pointing out things a lot of us know and wish we didnt but to do so so relentlessly on every thread is getting beyond a joke.

This was a safe haven against the Brexit, Muslims are something, Saints are Shite threads that he normally uses.

I may have to start some tennis or F1 threads to see if that deters him.

1 Like

So here we are then. Two days of the season left, and we need either a draw from this match or a miracle from Middlesex to avoid annihilation. Assuming that Middlesex get thumped in their match with Somerset, which seems the most likely outcome by some distance, what are our chances?

Seems to me we have two possiblities of avoiding defeat, neither of which looks likely. If a day’s play (or more) is lost to the elements then we could sneak out of this game with a draw; given our performances in the latter part of the last match and yesterday, I think we’d need a good day and a half to be lost to be certain of the draw. Alternatively, we could actually remember that we’re a cricket team and act accordingly - in other words, play as we did in the first two days against Essex. My outlook on life is normally optimistic, but even I can’t find any grounds for optimism here.

2 Likes

Why have we not heard of this happening before ?

Canny Welsh cricket team

I say old chap it’s not cricket…

1 Like

It bloody well was and good interpretation of the rules IMHO. :lou_lol:

Yay! Heavy rain forecast for Edgbaston today!!!

Boo - not until 19:00