Warwickshire v Hants - Relegation battle

Nothing to get excited about…

2 Likes

Any live feeds @btripz ?

Yesterday’s lowlights

1 Like

Can’t find a live feed, yesterday’s is broken by the look of it…

1 Like

Posted at11:47

WICKET Van der Merwe (c Finn b Patel) 24

Somerset 236 & 239-9 v Middlesex 142

That’s a second five-wicket haul of the match for Ravi Patel.

Roelof van der Merwe takes a huge swipe at the spinner and is caught by Steven Finn in the deep.

Somerset have lost six wickets this morning in their quest for quick runs.

Warwickshire 65-4

and then

1 Like

It appears the scorer never turned up to turn it on.

Still not. Activated

Somerset have declared

1 Like

Giving Middlesex 345 runs to aim for, generous considering there’s 5+ sessions left…

1 Like

Rain is expected though so that could be reduced to 2/3/ 4 ?

And hopefulyl a draw meaning Hants survive by the skin of their teeth…

1 Like

BTW I take it that Somerset had “no case to asnwer” over Middlesex’s pitch complaint?

The ECB man told the BBC that they will announce a decision at the end of the match (having earlier said it would be at the end of yesterday).

Sounds very much like the ECB fudging it - realising it could send one or other team down, similar to last season - so they want to know the points position first. Shitty bottling it.

Never heard any more about it si I guess youre correct?

Things are moving apace in both games then.

Although they may appear to be safe, Middlesex actually have a very strong interest in winning their match, as if they lose they’ll be relying on Warwickshire to beat us - and, shite as we have undoubtedly been with the bat in our last two innings, would you really want to pin your hopes on a team that’s already been relegated?

As for us, we are at least in with a shout of being set a target that should be gettable - well, gettable by a team that can muster a little bit of backbone, anyway. Whether enough of our batsmen have time to develop the necessary vertebrae is another matter entirely.

I’ll be keeping half an eye on cricinfo throughout the afternoon. Will I never learn?