VVD to Scouseland for £75m per JW Telegraph

Can anyone remember when we had a shit year in the League in the 90’s and everyone threw sods of the pitch at the players after the annual pitch invasion celebration to stave of relegation? Ha Ha love it, like a proper Roman theatre, the players got the message, open and honest dialogue.

So, it occurred to me that IF the Liebherr regime was just selling out and cashing in instead of having one eye on our long-term success, then surely a) she wouldn’t have retained 20% (still puzzles me) and b) she’d have pushed through the VvD deal in the summer and taken more out of the club.

Whether the Chinese are in it for cash or kudos is moot*, but doesn’t the handling of VvD show that big Kat wasn’t looking to cash in?

*By moot, @barry-sanchez , I mean worthy of discussion and debate and not drowning everyone in your negative worldview at every opportunity and putting it forward as if it were fact.

6 Likes

Just imagine using the vvd cash that we sign 3 players in the window who enable Mauricio to successfully implement his style of play.

1 Like

Of course you loved it Barry. This is what attracts you to football. Not the good times but the revelling in the not so good times. If the van Dijk money is wisely spent and MP manages to tunr things around, what will you then do for your jollies? Back to slagging immigrants I suppose.

Here’s one for you Barry. You constantly complain about us selling our best players. How do you keep your best players satisfied when the big clubs come knocking, offering them £100k a week pay rises? We cant compete with that kind of money, so what would you do exactly?

Fonte has apologised and reckons it was a joke between him and Ryan.

Strange comment here re immigrants from the sadoldgit who earlier posted that Barry should go back to where he belongs on TSW .

I dont think we will spend eough of the £75m to make a decent impact on the strengh of the team unless we can find a Gary McCalister when he went to Liverpool. The best option is to get a new manager in with the skills and character to get them motivated. Mo Po managed to do it within a few games. If I remember right Mo Po was picked on a gut feeling from Cortese who saw him while scouting a player.

Les Reed hasnt got what it takes.

The problem we have is noone

Care to explain what posting on a different website has got to do with migrants from other countries?

Cortese scouted players? Really? I smell bullshit.

1 Like

He went through it on his interview with Jim White on talk sport. He said he was there with a scout and spotted MoPo on the touchline. His quote was something like ’ I saw his attitude on the touchline and liked it so we looked into his background and made an approach"

Check it out and keep your bullshit in your own house.

Cheeky little bugger tweeting this Adam…

1 Like

Thanks @dubai_phil , that also shows that salaries have increase by £48.2m over the 4 years, £16m last year alone!

So, over the four years the club has actually spent £93.5m more on players alone. £22.7m more last year.

So, with running costs, I would say that puts to bed the suggestions that the owners are taking out money.

Note these figures are MORE , there is no baseline on the salary that we can compare to to tell us how much the players ALONE are earning this year.

Note, that that tweet was posted in March 2017 BTW

Cortese did everything from make the tea to take the training sessions didnt you know? That interview with Jim White was one of the most brown nosed, sychophantic things I have ever heard, but I am sure it was right up your street NYS. The fact that we did better without him seems lost on you. Those like you (and yes, you would be better of migrating to Fiverweb too) who sucked up the whole CL target bollocks are one of the reasons for so much discord now. He dangled the carrot then royally stuffed it up the clubs arse. Anyone can tell gullible fans that the target is CL football when you are spending other people’s money. The problem is how do you then backtrack when you are called to task by the very people whose money you are happily spunking and the tap is turned off? Well, what he did was to fuck off and leave us (or those foolish enough to buy into his bullshit) dangling with a false promise. Whatever you think of Les Reed and the Board, they have managed to achieve 4 top ten finishes despite the sale of many of our best players and frquent changes of managers and back room staff. No mean feat, unless you have Coretesesque delusions. We are now going through a phase of rebalancing, a phase that many people would happen the year before, the year before that or the year before that. No real surprise for realists but clearly too much for you, Barry and the mob over at Fiverweb to face. How many football clubs have you managed? I am guessing none. Les Reed may not be a footballing genius, but he hasnt done badly for us. He now has the job of turning this season around. He will suceed or he wont, but either way the club’s achievements over most of the last decade, both with Cortese and without, have been a pleasure to witness for those who understand that SFC is a middle sized club in competition with many other middle sized clubs (many of whom are currently dwelling in the Championship). When clubs spend £75m on a CH without the blink of an eye you know that clubs like SFC will never be able to compete consistantly with the big boys. I really cant see the point in getting upset over things well out of our control. Perhaps one done they will all fuck off to a super league and the rest of us can compete on a more level playing field but until then, we have to do the best we can with what we have - and sometimes that wont be good enough.

It wouldn’t be like Cortese to make shit up either would it?

How’s his job with Milan going?

1 Like

I stopped reading when you tried guess what i think Almost comical how wrong you were

You have missed the entire point. Your diatribe is directed at an empty room.

Of course Cotese makes up shit. He was a Northern League Mussilini working for emplyers to ensure Nazi gold in Switzerland didnt go to the taxman. But thats a different subject.

I thought we were talking about a new manager vs new players?

1 Like

He’s already on there. Sad story. He used to be in Bournemouth, then in Glasgow, then he started cooking meth. Seems to have moved to New York now, but he does keep odd hours there. Must work shifts or something.

2 Likes

From March yes.

But he just retweeted it so guess he is either on the bus or getting fed up with asset strippng Muppets on twitter

A feeling you’d know very well.

1 Like