šŸŽ¼ Underrated Bands

Are you Phil Collins?

2 Likes

:rofl: Shitā€¦unmasked. :lou_facepalm_2:

For me Genesis ceased to become Genesis when Peter Gabriel left and Phil Collins shuffled forward to become the front man. They went from being a genuinely innovative and original band to just another MOR bland pop group.

1 Like

you mean Throtch?

1 Like

Well put it back on you inconsiderate bastard :mask:

1 Like

Theyā€™re shite, Aussies are really proud of their rock and always get dead offended when it pointed out is a shit lite version from a US version lite version 10 years before, if you want rock then its ACDC and thats it( British but there we go) Aussie music is soulless wank.

1 Like

Not all of it Bazzington.

1 Like

Copied phyche rock and they couldnā€™t do it on a cold night in Stoke in the 70ā€™s, joking aside most Aussie music is wank, this is a nation that adored and adores ABBA.

(they did have a couple of catchy numbers)

Arcade Fire. So much talent. On stage they rotate the band and they play different instruments. So much depth to their music :notes:

Also the Maccabees before they split. Never quite made it to that next level but should have done.

Oh and anything by Jack White, the man is super talented.

1 Like

Right so the music needs to have originated in that country, thanks captain caveat Iā€™ll bear that in mind.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not upset for me but the industry is very shite atm. So keep listening to Accadacca coz nought good will be exported from here in the foreseeable future

4 Likes

Love The Go-Betweens. Where are they from again? :wink:

Indeed. If you like the Go Betweens hereā€™s a few other similar bands from the same neck of the woods :sunglasses:

The Goon Sax (lead singer is Robert Fosterā€™s son)

Godstar

The Hummingbirds

Smudge

Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

2 Likes

Arcade Fire are massive, Kev.

I think if youā€™re headlining the Pyramid, youā€™re rated.

2 Likes

I love me some Art Brut, btw.

1 Like

Itā€™s a strange one, you speak to the average bod and they have never heard of them. People who like that kind of music yes. Music has changed so much, there is the mainstream bands who are massive and then your alternative bands which in their circle are massive but outside nope.

You have bands headlining stages with one album WTF! Itā€™s very strange but I would not call Arcade Fire massive. Back in the 80ā€™s you had bands like Queen, U2, Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteenā€¦

Now I would say Coldplay Arctic Monkeys, Metallica and Iron Maiden even are commercially well know, that kind of level. But not the same massive level.

I would place Arcade Fire as an underrated band in terms of talent and outside the alternative scene.

On this note I said one of my favourite bands was Foo Fighters on several occasions and people have said ā€˜whoā€™?

Do they follow it up with ā€¦the fuck has Foo Fighters as their favourite band?

2 Likes

The Long Blondes. Now split up, but a couple of cracking albums. This is a song illustrating why itā€™s okay to have a bit on the side.