🛸 ❓ ...UFOs

The last report I read concerning the likely number of planets in the universe that could sustain life was “billions” so I would say that the law of probability of there being similar beings out there are quite high. As for their technology, just look how things have changed here in the last three hundred years, If someone time travelled from the 18thc to now they would probably think that they were on another planet. We think we are advanced but we are only advanced in terms of what early man was capable of. It isnt beyond the realms of possibility that other life forms have found ways to travel huge distances and it isnt beyond the realms of possibility that they have already been here.

Given that the speed of light restricts how quickly objects can move and the vast distances even within our own galaxy it’s highly unlikely that we have been ‘visited’. I’d agree the chances of life existing elsewhere must be pretty high though.

http://www.seti.org/drakeequation

I suppose so, but there are also an infinite number of ways that life could potentially evolve, so you could argue that the chances of the ‘perfect storm’ of environment, random mutation, and genetic selection occurring to produce similar life forms are pretty slim. Who knows?!

I am not a Trekkie but I suspect that those who are more SciFi savvy than me could explain things like worm holes and other forms of moving around the universe outside our current limited technology and know how.

I can imagine people seeing lights in the sky and being confused about what they are. Having had a check for prostate cancer though I cant imagine anyone confusing an anal probe with anything else!

General Relativity mathematically ‘allows’ wormholes but they’ve never been observed and our current understanding is insufficiently developed to cater for some kind of ‘time travel’ using them. Not to say it’s impossible but within the current theoretical framework it is.

And that is the thing. Current theoretical framework. We are still travellinmg around the countryside using mostly very old technology. The technology that we use to get rockets out of the earths atmosphere is also very old. At some point in the future there will be a massive breakthrough in propulsion technology and we will make another step forward until one day, we might actually develop the technology to travel outside of our galaxy. Not in our lifetimes though sadly.

This is doing my head in but here we go — There is something called the Alcubierre drive which is a hypothetical concept that is able to impulse a spacecraft at speeds faster than light, Well the craft wont go that fast but the space around it would?!. Apparently the metrics of the equations comply with relativity and the limit of light speed. There are also stars called Semi-relativistic hypervelocity stars which travel at 3000km per second (something to do with using energy from black holes). Theoretically you could get into their orbit and hop out at the point in the universe along the way at some point. I guess then if it is theoretically possible to travel huge distances in a relatively short time it is not impossible that another life form has found out how to do it. :lou_sunglasses:

Bearing in mind we don’t really like people from the next village let alone the continent, I’m not sure I want aliens coming down here with their long fingers, extra heads and x-ray laser guns.

2 Likes

I think we should nuke the cunts the moment we spot them googling at us with their 6 eyes from their little green bodies - I’mnotracist like, I mean some of my best friends are like a differnevt colour… well I say best friends, but have not invited round for dinner yet, well you know, they wont like real english food see, will be some goat like shit or something spicey… anyway, still great friends like, but them green fuckers are likely to want to shag our women and take our jobs and stuff so best we close the door.

Good point. If we have this much trouble over membership of the EU. how would us Brits deal with being a part of some Intergallactic Space Federation?

This is a topic I was very much into as a teenager, primarily because of Gillian Anderson, however these stories seem to be gaining more traction over the last few years, with ever more credible sources coming forwards. Are we being drip fed actual evidence to prepare us for the big reveal? Or simply being misled as to the actual advancement of military technology?

3 Likes

I thought this thread was talking about the white and yellow things in a packet of Haribo Starmix

We could change the thread title to UAPs I suppose but I’m a bit old fashioned.

2 Likes

I’m with @Barry-Sanchez
It’s them pesky Russians

This thread reappears
Then this today

:man_facepalming:

It’s obvious demented ramblings.
Everyone knows The Federation wouldn’t breach The Prime Directive

1 Like

So Trump wasn’t allowed to announce it but Eshed is ok? If you were an advanced civilisation why would you just chose to work with America and Israel? If Trump was in on this there is no way he would keep a lid on it. Any advanced civilisation would be advised to give Planet Earth a miss. We can’t get on with people a few miles away, how are we expected to deal with beings from another solar system? :alien:

4 Likes

I have customers in the Midlands, so perhaps I could assist.

4 Likes