šŸ‘¾ UAPs and USPs

Iā€™m still waiting for my flying car. :rage::rage:

3 Likes

Youā€™re think of a Hoover Car or summint.
The guy on the Isle of Wight who invented the vacuum cleaner.

2 Likes

Oh, Christopher Cockerel - He did all the hovercraft development in Hythe and had a lovely gaff on the seafront until they did the land reclamation and had a marina at the bottom of his garden- he died ages ago tbf.

A neighbor of ours worked with him and did the actual hard work of turning great ideas into something that actually works - sadly that bit gets missing from media love fests.

Have heard some great stories about belt and braces industrial development in those days.

2 Likes

No, Iā€™m thinking of this.

space-car-full

3 Likes

UFOs are certainly real. Hereā€™s proof. Unfortunately Darcey didnā€™t manage to catch it though. Itā€™s small, but itā€™s clearly a UFO.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s really spooky. :open_mouth:

This happened on our dog walk this morningā€¦

These Gormleyesque edifices appeared in a local field overnight. I have no idea what they are. Even more scary is that field yesterday was covered in long grass deep enough to lose a small dog.

2 Likes

UAPs use grass as organic fuel, what you are seeing is UAP poo.

3 Likes

I think I can safely say that @lifeintheslowlane was sufficiently freaked to have left some OAP poo there too.

3 Likes

When you say ā€˜OAP pooā€™ out loud it sounds a bit like a droid from star wars.

4 Likes

It does indeed. Coincidence? I very much doubt it.

2 Likes

You two are fuckinā€™ mad although I have to say after the recent fitting of my Bluetooth hearing aids Iā€™m picking up a lot of extra-terrestrial squawking, tweeting and chirruping.

Whatā€™s that all about??

1 Like

You need a hat, but it has to be the right type of hat. I believe Sir Van Morrison has a fine sideline in tinfoil millinery, so he should be able to help you out.

1 Like

It was a bad day when they gave a Knighthood to that cunt.

2 Likes

He can always borrow some from le Tissā€¦

2 Likes

Yes I know but at least itā€™s not National Inquirer

Iā€™m all aboard the Fermi Paradox train tbh - if there is intelligent life out there the chances of it existing at the same time as humans (a brief streak in the history of Earth) and being advanced enough to send/receive any messages or be able to travel across the solar system is veryyyyyy low.

The other consideration is that even if they did try to contact us thereā€™s no guarantee a message would be sent in a form weā€™ve discovered or would be monitoring - the best comparison is that itā€™s like ants saying ā€œweā€™ve scanned every known pheromone band in the universe and it looks like weā€™re the only intelligent life formā€

7 Likes

It doesnā€™t necessarily follow that our present understanding of time will always prevail. The quantum boys are discovering all sorts of mind-blowing stuff as we speak.

2 Likes

Youā€™ve watched that Star Trek Picard trailer havenā€™t youā€¦

1 Like

No, but I read a lot of Paul Davis :joy::joy:

1 Like

Itā€™s to keep kids from falling down the stars.

3 Likes