:trumpdumb: Trumped!

I may have mentioned cheesecake as Im eating one :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Can you recommend any films that aren’t the usual brain dead American shit, because in my opinion they’re all the same(like soap operas, different actors in different locations doing the same dull scripts over and over).
You’re the expert, give me something that’ll make me think.

Yeah, great, but now I want one!

1 Like

Zombieland - won’t make you think, but a good chuckle.

Oh, it’s American

No, just fucking no.
If i want less useful time to live, I’ll smoke more and it all quicker :joy:

1 Like

You miserable :mapoftasmania:

:lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Oh , OK then, try Cockneys Versus Zombies/ more East End than East Coast

:lou_lol:

Well, I would recommend any of Adam Curtis’ docu’s. It’s all filtered through his opinions, But he has a knack of tying together complicated issues. “The Century of the Self” is brilliant, story of Edward Bernays (Freud’s Nephew) and how capitalism was born.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnPmg0R1M04https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnPmg0R1M04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRbq63r7ryshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRbq63r7rys

Bitter Lake, is more focussed on Middle East history. It’s groundbreaking from a film making POV. The opinions are subjective.

Hey, @Saint-or-sinner try Green White Green on Netflix- Nigerian film .

Actually worth a watch if only to get slightly under the skin of Nigeria.

I love these films, if only to see how the locals portray themselves in the world. No Hollywood.

I’ve seen that i think(bitter lake). Freud was a fraud cocaine addict who talked shit(hung up on sex like most cocaine addicts). I’ll give it a go if he doesn’t come out with any of his uncles bullshit.

You asked for “any films that aren’t the usual brain dead American shit, because in my opinion they’re all the same(like soap operas, different actors in different locations doing the same dull scripts over and over).
You’re the expert, give me something that’ll make me think.”

I wouldn’t bother mate.

SoS has a point I suppose.
We are all quick to blast the orange idiot for being an orange idiot.
BUT as my FB timeline still shows, many in the US support him because he wants to smash the establishment and because the Davos/Neo Liberal elite hate him.
We are seeing the implications of that today in Sweden as the more of the masses rebel at being forced to pay for the fat cats banking bailout and QE debts.
Doesn’t make me believe he is anything but a dangerous idiot. Reminds me of that movie Idiocracy in some ways.
Anyway just for Sos

Sorry Ted, i said films not documentaries.You said take a night off, so i was hoping for entertainment with a decent plot and good cinematography. I’ve seen bitter lake and i have no respect for Freud. I’ll give it a go, but it doesn’t look like light entertainment.

This bit is a good warning sign that it may not be what it purports to be.

“Another thought: if you are part of a deep state conspiracy, don’t you just keep your mouth shut about it, rather than advertise what you are doing in the New York Times? I know that in spycraft, hiding in plain sight can be mighty effective. But this? I’m not sure it strengthens your hand.”

I feel that the way this thread has gone proves my point. The hysteria i received for daring to point out the fact that meuller(no Saint himself) has gone way beyond his remit and is fighting against disclosure(come on, it’s his fucking evidence) shows how everyone has been led up the garden path and the real emotional power of propaganda.
How long before someone calls me a trump apologist, just for asking for due legal process and caution of anonymous op eds?
For the record, he’s a nasty racist, who’s soul is probably darker than a black hole, but he still deserves to treated by the rule of law(otherwise we’re no better than him).

And here’s the full list of indictments. People might notice that no one associated with trump or his team have been been charged with any kind of collusion with Russia to interfere in the election(the reason for the witch hunt remember), but there are a few Ukrainian connections.

1. George Papadopoulos, former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser, pleaded guilty in October to making false statements to the FBI.

2. Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, pleaded guilty in December to making false statements to the FBI.

3. Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chair, was indicted in October in Washington, DC on charges of conspiracy, money laundering, and false statements — all related to his work for Ukrainian politicians before he joined the Trump campaign. He’s pleaded not guilty on all counts. Then, in February, Mueller filed a new case against him in Virginia, with tax, financial, and bank fraud charges.

4. Rick Gates, a former Trump campaign aide and Manafort’s longtime junior business partner, was indicted on similar charges to Manafort. But in February he agreed to a plea deal with Mueller’s team, pleading guilty to just one false statements charge and one conspiracy charge.

5-20) 13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies were indicted on conspiracy charges, with some also being accused of identity theft. The charges related to a Russian propaganda effort designed to interfere with the 2016 campaign. The companies involved are the Internet Research Agency, often described as a “Russian troll farm,” and two other companies that helped finance it. The Russian nationals indicted include 12 of the agency’s employees and its alleged financier, Yevgeny Prigozhin.

1. Richard Pinedo: This California man pleaded guilty to an identity theft charge in connection with the Russian indictments, and has agreed to cooperate with Mueller.

2. Alex van der Zwaan: This London lawyer pleaded guilty to making false statements to the FBI about his contacts with Rick Gates and another unnamed person based in Ukraine.

3. Konstantin Kilimnik: This longtime business associate of Manafort and Gates, who’s currently based in Russia, was charged alongside Manafort with attempting to obstruct justice by tampering with witnesses in Manafort’s pending case this year.

24-35) 12 Russian GRU officers: These officers of Russia’s military intelligence service were charged with crimes related to the hacking and leaking of leading Democrats’ emails in 2016

5-20,particularly the Internet research agency are the problem. If meuller has evidence as he claims, why did he shit himself when their lawyer turned up and said, yes let’s go to court, i need disclosure?
Here’s a bit of an explanation of what the Internet research agency do.

Ok, watched this now and see why you put it up for me(jumped the gun when i seen Freud). I do watch a fair few documentaries, but not films, as i generally find them as i stated above.
It’s your thing though, so i will happily take your recommendations, even American, as long as it’s not the usual jingoistic shit, that seems to be the bulk of what they produce. Something with a decent plot, an original comedy, or just a well made, simple life story.
Make me review my belief that they’re generally a complete waste of time(no franchise shit please).