:trumpdumb: Trumped!

2 Likes
1 Like

Is this going too far as a parallel or fair comment?

2 Likes

Dh5vpC-WkAEPzKy

2 Likes
5 Likes

2 Likes
5 Likes

I’m struggling with this anti trump propaganda(sorry but it is).
The man is a twat and a bit of a fascist, but why are our press doing the DNC’s dirty work(the dossier is bullshit, just like the claim of Russian interference)?
When was the last protest that the press treated like this and for all those that went, where were you when the disabled needed you?
Feels like we’ve all been led up the garden path as a distraction.
Here’s what they’ve done.

I’m over in the US at the moment. North Carolina, as usual. Can’t remember seeing the place more polarised. A lot of the people I hang out with don’t hang out with each other any more. I’ve also heard quite a bit of virtue signalling after I open my mouth and people hear that I’m British, especially because of his UK visit.

Reminds me a lot of Brexit fallout.

1 Like

What is the coverage of the protest in the UK like?

Is it being dismissed as minor, is there surprise at the scale, or is it misrepresented as fake news?

I haven’t seen much, mostly because I find US TV very difficult to watch.

People are aware it’s happening though. As I said, people virtue signal loads, as if to say “Hey buddy, I’m okay, I hate him as much as you probably do”.

One of my best mates over here, actually probably the best after this trip, is a Trump fan. She knows her US politics inside and out. She used to be a big Ron Paul fan, back when he was politically active.

We disagree on Trump, but we discussed Trump a lot, and we don’t kill each other over it. I was round hers until 4am in the morning last night with another buddy, the political opposite of her, a huge Anglophile and Bernie fan.

She and her sister have been totally ostracised by the downtown community. They drink elsewhere now, and keep details of their votes quiet while out in their new hangout.

That can’t be right. It’s precisely this sort of polarisation that led to Trump in the first place. People are shouting at each other, not talking with each other.

Pretty much everyone agrees when I say that they just had two really bad choices, and you have to point the finger of blame at the Democrats for that, specifically Hillary Clinton. She’s almost universally reviled here, spent her campaign trashing Trump instead of relying on her own record (because she can’t).

She fucking handed it to him.

1 Like

Pap, I’ve been to the US, NYC and Washington in the last year. It really has changed, and admittedly I feel i’m out on a limb. I’m the least conspiracy thinking person, i’m a science loving lefty rational person. You have to stop blaming Hillary and realise there is a more pressing danger.

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/user/PoppinKREAM

Reddit politics guy, whose spent a lot of time researching articles. I really should log on here when i’m less tired

Respectfully, @SaintBristol , neither NYC or Washington are good litmus tests for that sort of assessment.

1 Like

That’s fair, the so called “flyover states” ended up deciding the election. And this is maybe the wrong forum for discussion.

Can you do me a favour and please stop trying to de-legitimise the fine content of this forum, @SaintBristol?

In your last two posts on this subject alone, you have labelled the contributors of this site as conspiracy theorists and have implied that we’re not big or clever enough to discuss the suitability of Washington and New York City as bellwethers for Hillary’s popularity.

Not being funny, but we’re by far the most appropriate Saints site to discuss this and we’re also better at in-depth discussion of contemporary issues than the propagandists you work for.

Do us all a favour and leave your work at the door.

Paranoid and unnecessarily harsh.

1 Like

ostracised by the downtown community. They drink elsewhere now, and keep details of their votes quiet while out in their new hangout.

That can’t be right. It’s precisely this sort of polarisation that led to Trump in the first place. People are shouting at each other, not talking with each other.

People ostracised because of their beliefs while others shout rather than talk… The fucking irony

2 Likes

I’ve only been to the states once, back in 96 when i went out with my mate Oldham John for a last minute fly drive deal to Florida which he booked after his bird jacked him in and he fancied getting some post break up American tail.
Not good though as we ended up in Key West which was heavily populated by gay guys and gals and couldn’t get a jump for booze or cash.
Have got a photo of me in my Sanderson paints sponsored Saints shirt with a Barry Venison haircut, in Key West as the sun is going down. No wonder i couldn’t get laid, looking like that.
Quite what this has to do with Trump, i don’t know, but i thought you might enjoy it.

5 Likes

Is that irony?

Or are you just someone else that bought Jagged Little Pill?

Irony would be the Hillary and Trump situation, wouldn’t it? She did everything in her power to stop him getting elected, and probably got him elected.

Alanis has confused things forever, but I think you mean hypocrisy. And yes, we’re all guilty of that from time to time.